Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 09:54 PM

339 posts, read 660,433 times

Advertisements

Been looking into storage units and decided we definitely want one climate controlled due to the 4 seasons. To be honest I've never needed a storage unit before so perhaps this is an ignorant question to ask but are there any things I should look out for or pay attention to when looking into different facilities? Are there certain companies/storage facilities that should be avoided?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 07:07 AM

15,756 posts, read 20,352,806 times
They are all independently managed, so if I were to recommend a particular one there's no guarantee they would be in the same shape throughout the chain.

Anyway, I used two this part winter due to selling my home and buying another. I used ExtraSpace, and Uhaul.

Extraspace was pristine and spotless and you could eat off the floors. They were pricey, and raised their rates literally after 3 months. I stored a car here for 4 years though, and they were always good to me other than raising their rates like clockwork.

Uhaul was cheap...but cost me more in the long run after mice made nests in 5 boxes in my unit...coincidentally the kitchen supplies. I should have be more aware when I noted mice traps in each unit and plenty of signs saying to not store food there. However, the brunt of my furniture was stored here, and made it out fine.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:20 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Where?

Old 03-05-2016, 08:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,464 times
If you are looking for a longer term storage then I recommend Cubesmart Self Storage Facility 6 Depot St. in Grafton, MA (508) 839-5553. I used this years ago and had no problems. The rates were the cheapest for my storage needs. It's in an old industrial building, but the inside is individual locked storage units. It was pretty close to the highway for easy access. I had to clean out my Mom's house when she passed away and could not deal with going through the items at the time so putting them in a cheap storage unit was the best solution until I could sort things out. I wound up throwing out 1/2 the things when all was said and done. I had a pretty large unit that was packed and paid $65/mo. This was about 15 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts