Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 PM

19 posts, read 37,221 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Oregon and love the people but really have had it with the 9 months of rain a year. I have an oppurtunity to relocate to work for my corporate office that is located in Framingham when I finish school in a year so I need to really get some information. When looking online you don't really get a feel for what is close or how small towns are so any help would be great. I live in a small town of 30k and liek the smaller towns but enjoy the conveniences of box stores. I have two girls 6 and 2 so school and safety are high on my list of priorties. Are there towns that are farhter out that still have amendities? How far out does public transportation there run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 PM

109 posts, read 324,061 times
Hello! Bad time to talk about avoiding rain, since we are only just recovering from the worst rain in forever. But, to help a little bit, Framingham is a shopping destination with LOTS of stores. Trains run from the city of Boston out, like spokes, of a wheel, to the suburbs. Trains do not connect suburbs north to south. Walmart and Target Box stores run along the 495 highway, approximately every 20 miles, it seems, maybe closer. For example, Plainville/Attleboro has Target, as does Milford, and (I think) Westboro. Lowes is also near Target in both places. Walmart is in Bellingham, Westboro, and then along Rt. 9 in Framingham. Personally I consider towns under 12,000 to be "small". 30,000 is large, in my opinion. If Framingham isn't an official "city", it may be the largest town in Massachusetts.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM

925 posts, read 2,742,402 times
Framingham is the largest town in Massachusetts, and really feels more sprawling and not like a small town. There are tons of stores along Rt 9 in Framingham into Natick, from Wal-Mart to an upscale mall. If you're looking for smaller towns there are some lovely communities that are an easy drive to Framingham. Holliston, Hopkinton & Southboro come to mind as very close by with well regarded school systems. If you google "Living in Holliston" you'll find quite a few articles about the community. I have some nice photos of these towns on Flickr & will send the URL shortly.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:49 PM

925 posts, read 2,742,402 times
Here are a few pictures of Holliston & Hopkinton, MA:
Flickr: elizaj1's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/21590926@N07/ - broken link)

Old 04-08-2010, 06:37 AM

53 posts, read 152,436 times
What is your price range? People are often shocked by housing prices here.

Northboro would be a good commute to Framingham and has great activities for kids and children.

I live in Hudson, which is a great commute to Framingham and again a great family town. I feel like we know people everywhere we go (mostly through kids activities).

We are putting our house on the market for a move to DC so I can tell you a lot about the market in Hudson if it interests you. Just PM me. I can tell you about almost every house for sale here.

My kids are 5 and 6. I am a member of the local chapter of Mothers and More and that has been invaluable for getting information and getting to know the area. Members are from Bolton, Berlin, Westborough, Southborough, Marlborough, Hudson, Northborough, Shrewsbury, Grafton (might be forgetting one or two).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts