Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:12 PM

6 posts, read 34,841 times

Advertisements

I say that because they have ALOT of snobby,cruel people in that time.And they want the poor people reside in Lowell.Well the majority of them do.They do have alot of nice department stores like Linens and things,Marshalls,I party etc....Not everybody is accpeted in Chelmsford.All I can say is you better have your act together in Chelmsford because you do 1 tiny little thing you will NOT be accpeted.Make sure you know how to sit properly in Chelmsford.And don't even think about smoking in Chelmsford you WILL be treatd like garbage.I STRONGLY suggest you know how to carry your self in Chelmsford.Remember when you're in Chelmsford you MUST please them ALWAYS!!!!!!!Watch out for the looks and the stares when entering Chelmsford like what are you doing in MY town looks and stares.All I can say is I wish you ALOT of luck in Chelmsford!!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:14 PM

14 posts, read 88,134 times
Wow. I've lived in Chelmsford for three years now and have NEVER experienced any of that. I find most people here very nice and definitely not snobby. Did you maybe have a bad experience with one person? Probably shouldnt judge a whole group on one experience.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:01 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,419,617 times
Default chelmsford

Most folks i've met from Chelmsford are nice folks.

Its overall a pretty nice town =)

I don't know what this person is talking about

-Jeff
Winchester, MA

Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,026,478 times
HA! I could have told you that. Being originally from Lowell chelmsford's always been like that at least to those of us "poor" people (translation middle class) from lowell.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:31 PM

1,038 posts, read 4,000,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dido View Post
I say that because they have ALOT of snobby,cruel people in that time.And they want the poor people reside in Lowell.Well the majority of them do.They do have alot of nice department stores like Linens and things,Marshalls,I party etc....Not everybody is accpeted in Chelmsford.All I can say is you better have your act together in Chelmsford because you do 1 tiny little thing you will NOT be accpeted.Make sure you know how to sit properly in Chelmsford.And don't even think about smoking in Chelmsford you WILL be treatd like garbage.I STRONGLY suggest you know how to carry your self in Chelmsford.Remember when you're in Chelmsford you MUST please them ALWAYS!!!!!!!Watch out for the looks and the stares when entering Chelmsford like what are you doing in MY town looks and stares.All I can say is I wish you ALOT of luck in Chelmsford!!!!
Are you attending Chelmsford Public Schools?

Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM

42 posts, read 150,957 times
this thread makes me laugh.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:01 PM

70 posts, read 251,871 times
You sound kind of paranoid....I only know good and nice people "in Chelmsford"

Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 AM

4,889 posts, read 13,849,764 times
Something tells me we're dealing with a high school girl who dared to maybe put a streak in her hair and go with some "weird" clothes instead of the "acceptable" A & F/AE/Hollister/etc look. Two news flashes: Weird is good, and conformist snob a-holes are everywhere. Also, there actually is a legal smoking age although it's been totally ignored until the past few years. Sounds like a store clerk actually refused to sell this gal some smokes (probably due to not recognizing her.)

Whether male or female, and whatever age s/he may be, the person who started this thread did raise an important issue. Just like everywhere, Massachusetts has a lot of "pretend to be nice" people and plenty of snooty stuck-up ones too. We elected a Black governor, but practically all of the towns between 128 and 495 are "lily white." Jewish people fill a few communities but hardly exist in many more. None of this happened by accident. Equal housing laws got onto the books, but attitudes stayed pretty much the same. All I can say about Chelmsford is that it doesn't come across as a hatin' kind of place. Several years ago two friends of mine, a White woman and Black man who aren't married (another "sin" in some quarters) bought a house there. While they were carting stuff in, a neighbor strolled over as neighbors tend to do when somebody new is on the block. "Hey buddy, nice fishing gear ya got, I can tell you some places." When his children come to visit, the young kids on the street jump for joy 'cause they're fun to play with plus this means they can use the trampoline in the back yard. That's right, no racial BS whatsoever. They love it there - and BTW you can smoke anywhere on their property you want. As for two more people I know, they *are* married, both husband and wife happen to be Jewish, and they're perfectly content in Chimmsfud too. Every other person from there who I've gotten to know has been friendly and open-minded despite not being in any kind of "minority." Part of all this has to do with luck, and the point about "escaping" Lowell (not to mention Lawrence, Cambridge, Boston, Waltham, etc) is well taken. There are plenty of "urban refugees" who think they're da shizznit for going suburban and want zero diversity around them. MY point is that when you paint with a broad brush, you miss spots, and it's unfair to an entire town when you do that.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:26 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,661,099 times
Chelmsford snobby? Seriously??? I consider this town to be fairly middle class.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:09 PM

10,037 posts, read 15,698,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Chelmsford snobby? Seriously??? I consider this town to be fairly middle class.
Of course it is, that's what makes this thread so funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts