Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 PM

29 posts, read 189,506 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My fiancee and I are looking to purchase a house that would provide both of us with a decent commute. She works in Nashua, NH and I work in downtown Boston. Chelmsford seemed like a good option because of its location and the prices are right for homes. Does anyone have any thoughts on living in Chelmsford? We're looking for a town with a walkable town center, good people, and good schools. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 02:28 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,960,211 times
Funny Jumbo, Chelmsford was just discussed on this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/massa...on-t-move.html

Locationwise, Chelmsford may work well for you. Easy to NH and well, most commutes to Boston can be somewhat of a nightmare, but you could pick up the commuter rail line in Lowell. Decent town center, some new restaurants and stores in the past couple of years. I'm sure people who live there will drop by with some more detailed info for you.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 PM

5 posts, read 20,300 times
I’m in a similar situation to you as well; right now interviewing for a potential job in Cambridge (I live in Chelmsford). Trying to figure out if I get offered the job what would be the best way to commute to Kendall Square (without riding the commuter rail the whole way). Ideally I’d like to park at one of the Red Line stops and then take the T in that way (and go home same way). All things otherwise I love Chelmsford, when you do drive into Boston if you catch traffic at a decent time it's not bad, and going to NH is fine too. I like living here; feel free to PM me sometime.

I may end up starting a separate thread on my scenario (not to hijack yours).

Old 09-29-2015, 11:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,161 times
Moving back here from NYC to take care of my elder parents has been culture shock in the beginning! I grew up here and a lot of things changed for the better.
Now, I am adjusted and truly appreciate being back here. Chelmsford has a lot of charm, tranquility and new opportunities. Furthermore, the commute to Boston is doable even with traffic and up to NH too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts