Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 06:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 06:35 PM

Default Walden Pond Concord/Lexington

Old 10-24-2010, 07:44 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,165 times
Gorgeous pics Braunwyn! Love the last photo-what filter/effect did you use on it?

Old 10-24-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Gorgeous pics Braunwyn! Love the last photo-what filter/effect did you use on it?
I've just started playing around with HDR. That last photo isn't true HDR, but based on the principle. I put it in elements 8 and made up roughly three exposures. I then manually masked via my eyeball. lol It took awhile.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:32 AM

12,847 posts, read 22,014,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Thats beautiful! I really need to make my way over there since I live in town. Is it hard to find her plot and did you leave the flowers?
Thanks! Yeah, it's right off of Robeson St. And has a beautiful entrance. The cemetery itself was relatively unremarkable though.

Her plot is moderately difficult to find. It's close to the entrance and it's a family plot with a big, tall marker that says "AJ Borden." the thing is, there are dozens of similar ones.

I didn't leave the flowers. It looked like a friends group left them or something. They were on most of the graves.

*Edit*
Braunwyn- Great shots!

If you're into playing with HDR, I'd suggest giving this free program a try, it's called Auto HDR and requires only one image. I found it in the photography forum here but I've had fun with it. It's made some of my mediocre photos look MUCH better. It's a lot easier than fussing with three exposures which I found to be annoying. Also, if you click the "advanced" tab on the app, you can adjust the save size and either change or get rid of the watermark (the default setting is the name of the program's creator).

Here's an example of one from last spring in Fairhaven, MA that I converted:

looks much better than the original.

Last edited by lrfox; 10-25-2010 at 05:51 AM..

Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
*Edit*
Braunwyn- Great shots!

If you're into playing with HDR, I'd suggest giving this free program a try, it's called Auto HDR and requires only one image. I found it in the photography forum here but I've had fun with it. It's made some of my mediocre photos look MUCH better. It's a lot easier than fussing with three exposures which I found to be annoying. Also, if you click the "advanced" tab on the app, you can adjust the save size and either change or get rid of the watermark (the default setting is the name of the program's creator).

Here's an example of one from last spring in Fairhaven, MA that I converted:

looks much better than the original.
Hi Irfox, sanspeur just introduced me to autoHDR yesterday. I have been playing with it and having a ball. I also have photomatrix. Frankly, I prefer the looks of manual layer masking. It's looks more natural. But, it's simply not an option for all pictures given the time investment required (unless there is a more efficient way that I'm probably missing). I love what autoHDR does for cars! I might try layer masking with a few processing results that program gives. That will have to wait for next weekend.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Hi Irfox, sanspeur just introduced me to autoHDR yesterday. I have been playing with it and having a ball. I also have photomatrix. Frankly, I prefer the looks of manual layer masking. It's looks more natural. But, it's simply not an option for all pictures given the time investment required (unless there is a more efficient way that I'm probably missing). I love what autoHDR does for cars! I might try layer masking with a few processing results that program gives. That will have to wait for next weekend.
Yes, I agree with you. It doesn't look quite as "clean" as doing it manually. I just don't have the time. Your shots look great, keep it up.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:40 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,165 times
I will have to go there and check it out- I am only about 5, maybe 6 blocks from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Thanks! Yeah, it's right off of Robeson St. And has a beautiful entrance. The cemetery itself was relatively unremarkable though.

Her plot is moderately difficult to find. It's close to the entrance and it's a family plot with a big, tall marker that says "AJ Borden." the thing is, there are dozens of similar ones.

I didn't leave the flowers. It looked like a friends group left them or something. They were on most of the graves.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Fitting for Veteren's Day:

Battleship Cove, of course, in Fall River (on a cloudy night last weekend).

Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 PM

Very nice, Irfox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts