Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 08:11 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I would like to hear the status of the firearm, was it legally owned? It is possible that he just might be crazy and off his meds.

Given that he's already served time for drug and assault charges, I'm going to go out on the limb and say it was not a legal firearm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 08:14 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,811,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
Ah, the armed citizen. Guarantee of our liberty.
This guy had a criminal record a mile long and was a felon ILLEGALLY possessing a firearm. To refer to him as an "armed citizen" is disingenuous, if not an outright inflammatory statement. You can't compare legally armed citizens to convicted felons/cop killers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Given that he's already served time for drug and assault charges, I'm going to go out on the limb and say it was not a legal firearm.
Correct. A convicted felon cannot legally touch, much less own a firearm.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:33 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times
This really no longer belongs in the Massachusetts section, and it's my fault.

But what I meant was that the legal firearms industry inevitably leads to firearms getting into hands like Jorge Zambrano's. If we allow honest and sane people to own guns, we allow criminals and lunatics to have them too; everyone who has a gun is an "armed citizen". If you want to use the word "disingenuous", then it's acting as if there's some magic barrier that protects one group of people from the other! Write the word ILLEGALLY in capitals if you want, but it doesn't represent some line that can never be crossed. It certainly didn't mean much to Jorge Zambrano, and plenty of his friends are out there ready to kill any of us tomorrow.

I'd be very interested to hear how the gun that Jorge Zambrano used to kill Ronald Tarentino made that transition from the legal world into the illegal (or maybe the ILLEGAL) one. Maybe it'll be reported.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:15 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
This really no longer belongs in the Massachusetts section, and it's my fault.

But what I meant was that the legal firearms industry inevitably leads to firearms getting into hands like Jorge Zambrano's. If we allow honest and sane people to own guns, we allow criminals and lunatics to have them too; everyone who has a gun is an "armed citizen". If you want to use the word "disingenuous", then it's acting as if there's some magic barrier that protects one group of people from the other! Write the word ILLEGALLY in capitals if you want, but it doesn't represent some line that can never be crossed. It certainly didn't mean much to Jorge Zambrano, and plenty of his friends are out there ready to kill any of us tomorrow.

I'd be very interested to hear how the gun that Jorge Zambrano used to kill Ronald Tarentino made that transition from the legal world into the illegal (or maybe the ILLEGAL) one. Maybe it'll be reported.

OP here, didn't intend for this to turn into another anit-gun/pro-gun debate. I'm going to ask the moderator to lock this rather than move it. Unless we can on topic of course.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:27 PM

4,691 posts, read 3,468,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Beware my fellow C-Ders especially those of you in Worcester and Metro West.

There are pictures of the car, mugshot on Twitter. Very Poor coverage by all local news stations and papers, this a.m.

Boston Globe has not yet reported the police officer died.
I thought I heard the police were trying to keep info quiet. I think something along the lines that they had a good idea where to find him and they didn't want him or anyone who might help him to know.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:40 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
I thought I heard the police were trying to keep info quiet. I think something along the lines that they had a good idea where to find him and they didn't want him or anyone who might help him to know.
ah yes, makes sense

Old 05-28-2016, 07:58 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,086,726 times
Very emotional ceremony yesterday I saw on the news, but amazing to see the community come together for this officer's family and his department.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:26 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
So is the suspect wanted dead or alive? Can I shoot him on the spot? People like this deserve to be hanged especially when you kill one of the most important individuals that keep our community safe. With friends and family involved in law enforcement, this hit homes hard. My condolences go to the officers family.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:04 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
So is the suspect wanted dead or alive? Can I shoot him on the spot?
He died in a shootout with the State Police a few days later.

Last edited by massnative71; 05-29-2016 at 03:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts