Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:53 PM

24 posts, read 80,452 times

Advertisements

Thank you LeavingMA. I was just hoping that I wouldnt have to travel so far. I have to drive an hour to the nearest state park. I was looking for more of someone who doesnt mind letting me ride trails behind there house, but i am definately open to any suggestions! Four wheeling is something i looove to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 10:34 AM

29 posts, read 124,426 times
I use to go riding at the Hanson Dump. I am not sure how much wildlife you would see but its not bad.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:01 PM

212 posts, read 948,105 times
Default Google "ATV Damage" to see the destruction caused by these vehicles

Google "ATV Damage" and you will see that these off-road vehicles are causing massive destruction and devastation around this country. Areas that were untouched and pristine are now ruined because of these vehicles.

Every state, including Maine and NH, are trying to deal with this issue - legally and financially. The ATV industry/lobby has become very powerful. The industry should also be responsible for cleaning up the mess they have left behind.

It's sort of like the gun lobby. Very loud and powerful, but where are they after every one of these school shootings?

These are a couple of photos of damage caused by off-roading in Oregon:
http://wolves.files.wordpress.com/20...mage-beagl.jpg
http://wolves.files.wordpress.com/20...mage2-beag.jpg

Last edited by airedaly; 02-16-2008 at 02:57 PM..

Old 02-16-2008, 04:04 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,943,398 times
You may very well have to travel to NH to ride your ATV. We have extensive trail systems that are maintained by the ATV clubs. They promote responsible riding, and understand that people do need a place to have recreational riding. Here in New Hampshire, we manage to have trails, ATV's AND wildlife too (amazing!) Ride with respect and enjoy being outdoors!

NHOUTLNE

New Hampshire ATV Club

Home

Pictures like the links from airedaly show what happens when there is no access for people to be able to ride, or education on when NOT to ride (early spring, for example)

Old 02-16-2008, 04:18 PM

543 posts, read 702,559 times
Thumbs up motorized vehicles on public land

You are in the wrong part of the country if you enjoy that type of recreation.The Nat. Guard used to practice in Savoy/Hawley with Hum-vees,and we used to ride there also.Its all closed now and ski-doos which are now four stroke and dont cause erosion will be next.Wait till someone gets hurt out there or a fire starts away from any maintained roads.All i can say is dont register anything and ride where you want. The anti's are turning legitimate sports into crime in the name of ecology.Its just selfishness.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:18 PM

6 posts, read 35,985 times
Devil's Peak, the Plateu? Are both of these under watch by Eps?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:03 PM

739 posts, read 2,185,750 times
Anyone who wants to ride on my land PM me.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:35 AM

24 posts, read 80,452 times
inresponse to those pics posted of damage....those are clearly from trucks, not atvs

Old 03-30-2008, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,211 times
That missing section of the road has been found and marked with orange tape.
Going up the hill the road will be on your right not left of the stone wall. The EPO's will not ticket you on the road. The left side is WMA.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,211 times
If people are looking for a 4WD club try the NEA. Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs
Stay on the roads. For ATV's try Mass state parks. There are a few that allow ATV's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts