Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 09:47 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribechamy View Post
Bailey's, Bailey's, Bailey's. Still can't go by Boylston without getting a craving for a gooey sundae.
YES!!!!!

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had a Bailey's sundae every single day. Great memories of that place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
YES!!!!!

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had a Bailey's sundae every single day. Great memories of that place
I wish I could have taken my own daughters there!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:29 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Have you ever heard of or been to Saigon Restaurant in Millis? It's very good.
No, I've never heard of it. Only place I've ever been to in Millis is the drive-thru Dunkin. Boy is that place packed in the mornings. I'll give Saigon a try next time though, thanks.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
No, I've never heard of it. Only place I've ever been to in Millis is the drive-thru Dunkin. Boy is that place packed in the mornings. I'll give Saigon a try next time though, thanks.
It's very plain and you have to bring your own beer or wine.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:22 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Le's vietnamese restaurant at the Atrium in Newton. For anyone living west of Boston it's hard to find a good bowl of pho without driving into Boston, Woburn, Randolph or Lowell. There's a Vietnamese restaurant that recently opened in downtown Framingham, but all the waiters are White so I'm not sure how good it is.
Dalat on Park Ave. in Worcester, if you're ever out that way.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,575 times
Happy to report that you can enjoy a Riley,s Roast Beef at Harrison's Roast Beef 80 Chickering Rd, North Andover,Ma in 1984 the McMains family choose to open their own restaurant and 2014 marks 30 years of excellent service.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:24 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Does anybody recall Llano's, in Watertown Square? It was a pleasant, dressy-casual eatery with an "Italian-American" sort of menu. With the unimpeachable wisdom of a child, the daughter of friends proclaimed it her "most favorite restaurant of all" and eagerly counted the days until the next time her parents might be persuaded to take her there. Then, seemingly without warning, not only the business but the entire building disappeared from its corner lot on Main St in 1996. To this day there's nothing but a parking lot there.

And now Verona has called it quits too. Their food was along the same lines, but nothing to e-mail home about. ("Sliced 'Italian' white bread fresh out of the bag? More, please!" LOL) Thank goodness for Stellina.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:30 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Sadly, there are two more long-lived and (at least by me) beloved eateries to add to the list:
New Mother India (Waltham), and Dolphin Seafood (Cambridge.)

(Please note that Dolphin's ridiculously roomy Natick Center location is still in business.)

Restaurant Row on Moody St has gone through some pretty significant upheaval lately. But for each dining "institution" that has closed - all had operated for 20 years or more - a successor has already launched or is on the way. New Mother India's loss is the only one I'll be feeling for a while. It was far and away my #1 place for Indian food. (Living near Central Square in Cambridge as I do, that's saying something. ) They'd even commissioned a "house" IPA which was sooooooooo good with spicy dishes. However, nonetheless lamented are Tuscan Grill for "occasion dinners," and the Watch City Brewing Co.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:34 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Sadly, there are two more long-lived and (at least by me) beloved eateries to add to the list:
New Mother India (Waltham), and Dolphin Seafood (Cambridge.)

(Please note that Dolphin's ridiculously roomy Natick Center location is still in business.)

Restaurant Row on Moody St has gone through some pretty significant upheaval lately. But for each dining "institution" that has closed - all had operated for 20 years or more - a successor has already launched or is on the way. New Mother India's loss is the only one I'll be feeling for a while. It was far and away my #1 place for Indian food. (Living near Central Square in Cambridge as I do, that's saying something. ) They'd even commissioned a "house" IPA which was sooooooooo good with spicy dishes. However, nonetheless lamented are Tuscan Grill for "occasion dinners," and the Watch City Brewing Co.

Was recently down at Moody Street and was sadly disappointed to see Watch City gone. While I enjoyed my Asian food, I longed for the days when there was a wider selection of places to eat. Many more thrift shops than I remembered and hipsters. Could this be the evolution of the next Union Square?

Old 10-11-2014, 06:08 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Was recently down at Moody Street and was sadly disappointed to see Watch City gone. While I enjoyed my Asian food, I longed for the days when there was a wider selection of places to eat. Many more thrift shops than I remembered and hipsters. Could this be the evolution of the next Union Square?
The next Union Square? Would you consider this good or bad news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts