Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2018, 04:07 PM

5 posts, read 5,935 times

Advertisements

European.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 11:40 AM

4 posts, read 12,302 times
DFoes anyone remember why Romie's Ye Old Oyster House on Endicott St. in Danvers closed?

Old 05-08-2018, 03:52 PM

2,912 posts, read 5,127,008 times
Babycakes in the Wollaston area Quincy closed last month.

Loved their cupcakes for over 10 years...a local mom and pop, finally selling to friends two years ago. Likely couldn't make it work any longer in cupcakes alone.

Didn't the cupcake craze fizz out several years ago, with Kick Ass Cupcakes closing in
Somerville after being all the rage?

These Babycakes cupcakes were fresh everyday.
Not left in a chilled display case like Mike's Pastry or LuLu's in the North End (I'm sure they and most places do not have fresh cupcakes daily, as they just likely resell what's left over?)

Any other good "cupcakeries" left other than Georgetown Cupcakes, the chain on Newbury Street and the local Sweet cupcake chain? I think Cupcake Charlie's in Plymouth and Newport may still operate. Party Favors in Brookline has them and regular cakes for years, but not fresh every day?

Old 05-08-2018, 04:22 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,505,526 times
Mondo’s, corner of A St. and Melcher South Boston,
open 24 hr, great breakfast after partying most of the night.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:57 PM

8,525 posts, read 13,904,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Babycakes in the Wollaston area Quincy closed last month.

Loved their cupcakes for over 10 years...a local mom and pop, finally selling to friends two years ago. Likely couldn't make it work any longer in cupcakes alone.

Didn't the cupcake craze fizz out several years ago, with Kick Ass Cupcakes closing in
Somerville after being all the rage?

These Babycakes cupcakes were fresh everyday.
Not left in a chilled display case like Mike's Pastry or LuLu's in the North End (I'm sure they and most places do not have fresh cupcakes daily, as they just likely resell what's left over?)

Any other good "cupcakeries" left other than Georgetown Cupcakes, the chain on Newbury Street and the local Sweet cupcake chain? I think Cupcake Charlie's in Plymouth and Newport may still operate. Party Favors in Brookline has them and regular cakes for years, but not fresh every day?
According to their website, cupcake Charlie's still has five locations open. 3 on the cape in Plymouth, Falmouth, and Mashpee. There's also one in Patriot Place in Foxboro and one in Newport Rhode Island.

There's a chain with a couple of locations in the Newton and Needham area called Treat cupcakes. Every once in awhile I run across a cupcake shop. I also read recently that Magnolia Bakery from New York City is opening a location in Quincy Market. Their cupcakes are wonderful. However, I agree with you that the cupcake fad has fizzled at this point. The donut fad seems to have come and gone rather quickly too. Not sure what the next hot thing is at this point.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:25 PM

14,198 posts, read 14,556,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
Mondo’s, corner of A St. and Melcher South Boston,
open 24 hr, great breakfast after partying most of the night.
Mondo's was originally (mid 1960's) in the old Haymarket Square. Opened about 10pm until 8am and served breakfast to the truckers/buyers at the Haymarket market. Many of us that worked nights went there including a lot of nationally name entertainers. To name a few, Trini Lopez, The Three Degrees, Milt Bruckner, Wayne Cochran and the CC Riders, Busty Russell, etc. Was also loaded with hookers, pimps, gamblers, etc. on their way home after a long night. Quite an eclectic crowd.

The owner Mondo, had a old German Shepard dog that slept all the time but once in a while the dog would wake up, wander over to a table and eat your meal. You would yell Modo, the dog ate my meal. Modo would yell back, no problem. Another one coming up and no charge for either.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:22 PM

18,544 posts, read 10,478,467 times
Rt 140 East bound side between Foxborough and Franklin pretty sure it was Wrentham there was a great little restaurant back in 74 and 75 and it had the best food I can not remember the name to save my life and I would love to know if it's still there.Any help would be great.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 943 times
What was the seafood place off 128/95 at that rotary where the Dunkin’ Donuts is now. It’s driving me crazy that I can’t find this anywhere route 129 Lynn ma

Old 07-31-2018, 10:59 AM

46 posts, read 113,226 times
Division 16 on Boylston. The best ever.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 683 times
Default Rusty scupper

I was just thinking about them this morning. There was one either just at the edge of Amherst or just in the next town. They had an upstairs bar, that was very relaxing, and interesting drinks, (at least for me at the time).... I always enjoyed it. Several years later i found one in Acton, and i think i finally got around to eating there. Perhaps they had changed a bit,--- i dont remember a comfy bar lounge, or even if there was an upstairs. I don't remember the food that well either... but it was still rather pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts