Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 04:19 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,720,406 times

Advertisements

My friends in Medfield think it is okay, but slightly too far out and too many Republicans for their taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 06:58 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,015,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquecartas View Post
Of those towns, I'm really only familiar with Natick and Sherborn. Natick downtown feels like a small city to me. It has a nice town center that has a farmer's market in the summers. The library is excellent. Rt 9 isn't anything pretty but the Natick mall has some great shopping. The housing lots are smaller and closer together; more high density, more diverse. It would be easy to commute to the city from Natick.
Natick actually has a variety of environs. If you head down into South Natick (especially close to the Sherborn border) or up into North Natick along the Wayland border, the lots are much larger and the feel of those areas is akin to the towns they border.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:49 PM

193 posts, read 278,558 times
Medfield is really nice, but it's not all that convenient to either Boston or any major highway. Sherborn is the same way.

Natick is the most "convenient" town for travel of any mentioned. I'm a fan of the neighborhood in West Natick off of Speen Street, near Liberty Pizza and the Sherborn/Framingham border. Somewhat rural feel but the Pike and the Mall are five minutes away. The Wethersfield neighborhood behind Dairy Queen is another good choice.

Wayland is an expansive town and convenience varies based on location. South Wayland is more affordable and is basically Natick. North Wayland... you can end up almost in Lincoln and feel like you're in the sticks.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:33 PM

4 posts, read 6,727 times
No I'm sorry I should have elaborated. Medfield is a very nice town too, just has a longer commute than the other towns op is considering. No commuter rail, not on near a major highway, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts