Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2016, 03:14 PM

12 posts, read 17,102 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am thinking of buying a home in Tewksbury. I am moving from Danvers which now has nearly constant, low-flying airplane traffic to/from Logan combined with constant noise from helicopters, small planes and corporate jets and a flying school out of Beverly Airport. Can anyone tell me how much airplane traffic there is over Tewksbury? I know, of course, that there will be some planes flying pretty much anywhere within 30-40 miles of an airport but I am trying to buy where there is very minimal airplane noise as I have become sensitized to the sounds of jet engines 18-20 hours a day. I was in Tewksbury today and there were a couple low flying helicopters but overall it seemed pretty quiet. I would really appreciate any firsthand experiences with how much airplane noise there is over Tewksbury. I looked at the Massport list of noise complaints by town and there weren't any from Tewksbury which I thought was a hopeful sign. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 03:38 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,230,657 times
Non exsistant. The closest airport is in North Andover and it dosn't see much traffic.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:42 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
The guy who owns the Tewksbury country club also owns helicopters and flies them regularly. I think he has a pad at the TCC. Anyway, you can regularly see him flying his helicopter around Tewks pretty much all the time. Every time I play a round of gold there, I see him out flying. I think he's developing some properties around the town as well, and flies the helicopter around to scope them out from time to time. He's been flying around tewks for years, and many residents know of him.

As for commercial jets. You might see some high up, but you won't hear them....maybe rarely, but not often. Private planes fly over once in a while, but it's random depending on their route of choice. I haven't seen a private plane/jet fly over in some time.

The airport closed in the late 90's, so air traffic is minimal really. Compared to Danvers, it's much quieter in terms of air traffic. You will see that same helicopter flying around, but if you are away from Rt38, you may never see it

Old 08-22-2016, 12:47 PM

12 posts, read 17,102 times
Thank you very much to both of you. The place I am looking at is near TCC and Rt. 38 so it sounds like I might have his helicopter buzzing around. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts