Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2006, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 4,441 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking about relocating to the Sturbridge area and we were wondering if anyone could provide some insight about it. We currently live in an apartment in Newton, MA but we would like to move to a town where we can actually buy a house that won't break the bank! My job is in CT and I commute there 1-2 days a week (the other days I work from home), so a town like Sturbridge would be great.

We are planning on having a baby fairly soon so we were wondering if this would be a good town to raise a family in? We are a fairly young couple (late 20s) and we were wondering if it would be easy to meet people in the area as well. Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 07:05 AM

180 posts, read 733,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseHunter06 View Post
My husband and I are thinking about relocating to the Sturbridge area and we were wondering if anyone could provide some insight about it. We currently live in an apartment in Newton, MA but we would like to move to a town where we can actually buy a house that won't break the bank! My job is in CT and I commute there 1-2 days a week (the other days I work from home), so a town like Sturbridge would be great.

We are planning on having a baby fairly soon so we were wondering if this would be a good town to raise a family in? We are a fairly young couple (late 20s) and we were wondering if it would be easy to meet people in the area as well. Thanks in advance for your help!
I live in Sturbridge! Great for you on planning the baby soon! Very easy to meet people and this is a great town to raise a family. Very clean, upscale, higher income town. We have a 7 yr old in many activities, school, scoccer,t-ball, basketball, karate, ect. They have a great daycare center called Green Acres, then your child can go to the Sturbridge co-op preschool or to Burgess or to Montessori school. All are excellent. We also have a almost three year old that will be going to the Co-op next fall, she will get in automatically because her brother went there! There is some nice neighborhoods...Fiske hill (expensive), Walker Pond (modererate price) where we live, Westwood dr, Cedar street (moderate priced), The preserve (newer with big colonials (expensive) ,Cedar Lake area,Big ALUM, Little Alum and Leadmine, all on bodies of water or lake rights.. Lot's of activities on the common on the fourth of july, Publick House restaurant has a halloween display contest. Hyland Orchard and Brewery is a great place in the fall with concerts and apple picking. On meeting people it takes awhile to get to know someone here, but once you do they are friends for life. We have a great neigborhood here in sturbridge, it includes a Pond and we have an association that we belong to. We have many activities like, boating, jet skiing, neighborhood yard sale, forth of july party, chicken bbq, Labor day pig roast, childrens x-mas party, women's neighborhood friendship league the makes $$ for the association. We have community property that has a sandy beach, volleyball court, picnic tables, baseball field, horse stable, tennis court all in a wooded setting.This all borders WELLS STATE PARK!. It is very nice here.....If you do a search on this forum I have written about this in the past. you should be able to find a house in the $300-400k range that will fit you needs. There are a few houses in Walker pond neigborhood for sale.
good luck and be sure to PM me if you have any more questions......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts