Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:26 AM

1,362 posts, read 874,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
Thank God!
No doubt! I raise my children to model a racist, sexist, xenophobic ****** as well. Lucky us.

con man is asterisked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 04:44 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,566 times
Lol, opinions are like *******s, everyone has one.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:28 PM

254 posts, read 145,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
No doubt! I raise my children to model a racist, sexist, xenophobic ****** as well. Lucky us.

con man is asterisked?
Keep it up, this strategy really seems to be working out well for you guys.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 PM

1,199 posts, read 639,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
Keep it up, this strategy really seems to be working out well for you guys.
Who is "you guys?"

Old 11-09-2016, 07:01 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Who is "you guys?"
Liberal northeast elitists?

Old 11-10-2016, 05:40 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,991 times
What is it about the Glock handguns that does not conform?
Or is it about accidental discharge?

Old 11-10-2016, 06:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
Liberal northeast elitists?
Works pretty well since our economy is booming, we have the highest rated school systems in the country, among the lowest unemployment rates, highest educated attainment, good economy. Sounds like a situation most of the country should envy. If they don't want it for themselves, their loss.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:52 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If they don't want it for themselves, their loss.

I think what they don't want is the excessive PC culture, safe zones, banning everything that may be found offensive, expelling toddlers who hug another one in class, participation trophies for all, being told you can't do this, say that, think this, etc etc etc. that has come to become associated the progressive liberal thinking.

My take on this election is that a significant part of the country is sick of that sort of thinking, and the "system" in general.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:09 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
What is it about the Glock handguns that does not conform?
Or is it about accidental discharge?

Its really negligent discharge.

There are a number of lawsuits out there where Glock is being sued (mostly by police) after someone shoots themselves. If you read the details of some of the cases, they will admit their finger was on the trigger, but their entire case argues that it shouldn't be that easy to pull the trigger.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...KNO/story.html

Read through the stories cited in this article. Healey's claims they are unsafe, but then you read further into the details and see things like this.

Quote:
One deputy brought the handgun in to the Hall of Justice and handed it to another deputy, who, asking how it worked, pointed it at the first deputy. Unaware it was loaded, he pulled the trigger. It barely missed the first deputy.
Healey claims product defect, allowing her to request info under consumer protection laws. What she's really fishing for? who knows. MA already has some pretty strict guidelines on firearms allowed to be sold here, and require things like loaded chamber indicators, and triggers with harder pulls than available in other states. As a result, many manufacturers just don't sell many types of firearms here because they amount of sales don't justify the testing they need to go through to have it MA certified and allowed for sale by the AG.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I think what they don't want is the excessive PC culture, safe zones, banning everything that may be found offensive, expelling toddlers who hug another one in class, participation trophies for all, being told you can't do this, say that, think this, etc etc etc. that has come to become associated the progressive liberal thinking.

My take on this election is that a significant part of the country is sick of that sort of thinking, and the "system" in general.
Ha, I hate the participation trophy crud, ruins the entire point of competing.

But I never understood the anti "PC" backlash. All so called PC is saying is don't be an azzhole. There were plenty of things I said and did, and terms I used (such as a pejorative for cognitively disabled folks that begins with R) without giving it any thought, when I realized how ignorant it was to use, and hurtful it was to others, I stopped doing so. Simple. No reason to be a jerk. I don't understand people that embrace ignorance, I want to be educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts