Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 10:59 AM

4 posts, read 1,072 times

Advertisements

He's the one with the infestation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 11:44 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat question View Post
Who pays for the cat ?

The landlord or me ?
Is this a serious question?

Assuming your landlord allows pets, you do if you want a cat. If you have a mouse problem, it's your landlords responsibility to take care of it. That would imply having a professional come out and deal with it, not buying you a cat as not all cats are mousers. My two cats would just look at mice and yawn.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:00 PM

12,364 posts, read 9,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
If you get a cat, make sure it's energetic and actually will kill mice. My sister has one, and it's about as useful as Dodsworth. (Anyone else get that, or am I just showing my age?). Seriously, she was in he basement when a mouse was in the corner. The cat literally ran behind her for protection.
Yes, not all cats are up to the mouse-hunting thing. Same with dogs, tho I understand small terriers and dachshunds were bred for rodents and small pests like rats and mice... so you'd likely get a higher win rate with them than random dogs. I've had good luck with Victor Quick-Kill mousetraps, baited with peanut butter for occasional mouse invasions in my 1850 house. It's a little gruesome, but sure beats living with mice!

Old 07-30-2020, 05:34 PM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,495 times
You have to seal every entry point or they'll keep coming back, even if you're able to eliminate the ones that are already inside. My Cambridge apartment had both rats and mice, I had a cat and my landlady had pest control coming over, but we could never get rid of them permanently. They would be gone and then they would be back. Somewhere there must've been a crack or some hole where they were able to access the basement and then come up through the pipes. Try to seal everything in your apartment and maybe they'll leave you alone and bother your neighbors instead.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:53 PM

I foamed all the access points, around the heaters access points in the floors. They chewed through it. I foamed the sh** out of the access points. Every one I could, behind the stove, the pipes leading to the sink. That worked for about a month, they are persistent creatures. I give them credit for getting through the expanding foam!!

Old 08-03-2020, 11:57 PM

They are too smart for the peanut butter traps. They avoid the glue traps also. They are Lynn mice living in the hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts