Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,639 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I've seen multiple threads discussing the change from oil to gas but was hoping to find someone that was in a similar scenario to mine. Below is our current situation:

1700 sq ft house in Middleton, Ma
Oil boiler - forced hot water baseboard heating
Also have an external propane tank so we have gas for cooking

Our town uses Middleton Electric and Danvers Water for our utilities so as of right now we don't qualify for any of the Mass Save energy audits, financing, rebates, etc. That being said, National Grid recently ran a gas line down our street so we now have the chance to convert to gas (I've called and confirmed this with them already). It will cost $500 to run the line to our house.

My question (which I'm having trouble confirming with Mass Save/contractors) is what steps, and in what order, are necessary to convert and qualify for all/some of the rebates and financing offers? Ideally, we'd like to do everything through National Grid but we're not technically a customer yet.

Has anyone gone through this process before? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 05:24 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,428,446 times
Welcome to C-D!

You can probably search my username and "natural gas" and you will see my experiences in Lynnfield.

You can call a bunch of contractors but I will save you the legwork. We went with Ken Roberts of Absolute Precision Plumbing, Heating & Cooling in Middleton. He knows how to get you all of the rebates, how to work with National Grid, and how to get the low interest financing, if you are interested. Based on my positive experience and recommendations, 4 of my neighbors have also used Ken in the past 2 years.

Call Ken, tell him Gordon sent you. You can thank me later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts