Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 03:09 PM

6 posts, read 12,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kizzy_xo View Post
My husband had a rather long wait period when he filed. I want to say it was 6-8 weeks. They retro-paid him when his claim finally went through.

He was told at Unemployment that his wait period wasn't unusual.

The hoops he had to jump through to keep his claim open while he looked for another job was, to him, shocking. Not only did he have to hand in one of those forms with the names/address of placed he'd contacted but he also had to attend a number of job hunting seminars. He learned not to miss any after his check was delayed for not attending one.
Oh wow, good to know. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 09:50 PM

514 posts, read 437,933 times
Need to find information for someone in similar circumstances. Full time employee in MA, works remotely from another state, is asked to come back on-site or else lose the job. Will the employee qualify for unemployment in this scenario? The person I'm asking about has no prior experience going through the unemployment benefits in MA. Let's call him Joe!

Will Joe need to show up in MA to complete the unemployment benefits process? Does this matter if Joe is not physically located in MA so will be looking for jobs outside of MA when he loses his job from the MA employer?

Would appreciate your thoughts and if you are not around then anyone else in similar circumstances can share their thoughts please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Massachusetts unemployment is nearly impossible to contact. I submitted a letter of resignation two months before leaving a job in Boston, so we could relocate to Pittsburgh. In that time, we could not find a suitable replacement for me, so they gave me a change in title, switched me from salaried to hourly and let me telecommute from Pittsburgh. A couple of months later, they hired a local candidate and let me go. I filed for unemployment, and they used my original letter of resignation to say I quit. I called the numbers on the Mass UI site hour after hour every day, and it took me a solid month to get a human being on the phone. By the time I had a hearing scheduled, I'd found local job and couldn't travel back to Boston in the middle of the workweek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts