Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 08:00 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times

Advertisements

What, exactly, do "illegal immigrants" do that you feel the need to build the wall and deport the ones who are already here? . While illegal, they keep food production costs lower by accepting wages below what "legal" residents will take. According to the USDA, illegals make up half of the employees in U.S. Crop Agriculture. Not only would food prices skyrocket if they were deported, but there would be a major labor shortage. They contribute to Social Security even though they'll never be able to draw from it. The Congressional Budget Office determined that immigrants contribute far more than they take from the system.

Illegal immigration is a problem that needs reform, but the problem isn't the people. The problem is the "illegal" status. All of the people who sit here and say "well MY ancestors came legally" are full of it. The difference between our ancestors and the people who are coming today is the process. Our ancestors waited in line for a few hours at Ellis Island, answered a few questions, had a quick health check, signed their name and became citizens. It's incredibly difficult to become a citizen of the U.S. through the "proper" channels today. That needs to change. Because the only thing that will actually stop immigration to the U.S. is a major economic collapse. That's it. $15 billion dollar walls won't do anything to prevent people from coming over if they want to (especially when illegal immigration from Mexico is steadily declining). Cutting funding to "Sanctuary Cities" is cutting of your nose to spite your face- most of the sanctuary cities are also the nation's economic powerhouses. "Punishing them" will end up hurting everyone - especially those in the "forgotton" states who benefit most from the money produced by places like California, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, etc. It's a stupid, stupid move.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:14 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,319,953 times
Trump is apparently setting up an office for US citizens who are victims of crimes by illegals.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:29 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Trump is apparently setting up an office for US citizens who are victims of crimes by illegals.
He's making a police department? I wonder why no one ever thought of that. Dude is brilliant.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:36 AM

LOL. No it's a special office.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
LOL. No it's a special office.
To do what the police does? Doubly brilliant. This guy is a genius.

No wonder he wants to prevent economic analysis of his decisions, like them preventing research into the costs of gutting the ACA. The guy is a train wreck.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:49 AM

880 posts, read 818,567 times
Quote:
Wonder if its a "probable cause" play. If a victim suspects their perpetrator is an illegal immigrant then they report them to this "special office" and given probable cause they can "look up" their immigration status? ... but only if a crime has been committed

So if I get into a traffic accident and the other guy speaks no English and refuses to give me their insurance details. If that guy caused the accident and I have to pay 1000's out of pocket, should I report this person?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:57 AM

I really don't care if someone is here illegal/undocumented but i'm tired of hearing about them. Why is there such a spotlight on them? How about putting a spotlight on the hardworking people who are here legally and working hard everyday to be here and have done the right things to be here? Why am i supposed to care so much about the rights of people who were too lazy to take the time to report their status to be here?

And liberals you are backwards. Do you give a sh*t about the lazy people you work with? I doubt it, you probably went them gone, out of your office, out of your face and you wouldn't give a damn if they got fired. But then you find it reprehensible to deport someone who cant take the time to be here legally.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I really don't care if someone is here illegal/undocumented but i'm tired of hearing about them. Why is there such a spotlight on them?
Scapegoats. They're scapegoats. Those that aren't thriving want to blame immigrants, or companies for moving manufacturing, or any number of things instead of themselves.

Blaming immigrant groups is a good ole tradition.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:05 AM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
For the record i didnt vote for Trump but what the hell does this state love so much about obama and clinton?

I cannot believe marty walsh is going to keep illegals here using city/state money. Not sure it will happen but that pisses me off. We need that money for boston public schools, the train, the roads, i could go on. Wtf.
Trump is going to spend billions of taxpayer money to build that wall which even Republicans understand is a waste, ineffective, and just a show. Deportations increased during Obama's time. Immigration from Mexico is now lower than before.
Your anger is misplaced. He cannot really create all those jobs he promised so he is creating a circus for his supporters at taxpayer's money.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:07 AM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
For the record i didnt vote for Trump but what the hell does this state love so much about obama and clinton?

I cannot believe marty walsh is going to keep illegals here using city/state money. Not sure it will happen but that pisses me off. We need that money for boston public schools, the train, the roads, i could go on. Wtf.
As for public schools good luck with that. They will be privatized under Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts