Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times

Advertisements

Hi All, and thanks in advance.

We'll be driving back to Logan from Portsmouth on Memorial Day Monday, and have the afternoon free.

I recently stumbled onto Michael's Harborside in Newburyport, and it looks about perfect at first glance. Is this a fun/friendly/somewhat laid back place? Any other similar waterside places I'm not finding?

We are a laid back, friendly and unpretentious middle aged gay couple if that should matter.

Any and all suggestions and recommendations are more than appreciated.

Last edited by JMatl; 02-09-2017 at 08:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 09:11 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Hi All, and thanks in advance.

We'll be driving back to Logan from Portsmouth on Memorial Day Monday, and have the afternoon free.

I recently stumbled onto Michael's Harborside in Newburyport, and it looks about perfect at first glance. Is this a fun/friendly/somewhat laid back place? Any other similar waterside places I'm not finding?

We are a laid back, friendly and unpretentious middle aged gay couple if that should matter.

Any and all suggestions and recommendations are more than appreciated.
I'm not familiar with that place but it could be great. There's another waterfront restaurant that just opened. It's on (rte 1?) just before you go over the bridge from Salisbury to Newburyport. It's on the Merrimack River where it opens up to real ocean and where all the boats are. You have a view of the river/ocean with boats and of Newburyport. https://www.vasawaterfront.com/copy-of-about

Old 02-09-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm not familiar with that place but it could be great. There's another waterfront restaurant that just opened. It's on (rte 1?) just before you go over the bridge from Salisbury to Newburyport. It's on the Merrimack River where it opens up to real ocean and where all the boats are. You have a view of the river/ocean with boats and of Newburyport. https://www.vasawaterfront.com/copy-of-about
Thanks, in_newengland!

Old 02-10-2017, 04:58 AM

513 posts, read 647,010 times
Michael's is a fun, friendly, laid back place. The food is very average, but the view from the deck is spectacular. The food at the Black Cow down the road is better, but the outdoor deck is much smaller.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:58 AM

3,689 posts, read 7,429,804 times
A bit closer to the airport may work out better for you...

In Salem: Finz Seafood and Grill Home

In Swampscott: Mission on the Bay | New American Cuisine, Great Atmosphere, Outdoors roof deck

Old 02-11-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidmc View Post
Michael's is a fun, friendly, laid back place. The food is very average, but the view from the deck is spectacular. The food at the Black Cow down the road is better, but the outdoor deck is much smaller.
Thanks, alidmc! The views from the deck on their site do look fantastic, and that can be a deal breaker.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
A bit closer to the airport may work out better for you...

In Salem: Finz Seafood and Grill Home

In Swampscott: Mission on the Bay | New American Cuisine, Great Atmosphere, Outdoors roof deck

Great advice gf2020, and I would never have found these places! I'm guessing we should be at the Airport by 5:00pm. How long of a drive is it from Salem?

Old 02-11-2017, 12:54 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
The view from the rooftop of Mission on the Bay in Swampscott is awesome. You can see the entire stretch of King's Beach, Nahant, and the Boston skyline in the distance.

I'd advise getting through Salem before rush hour, so Mission might be a good bet. The trip to Logan from there would likely be about 20-30 minutes, provided there are no significant road issues.

Alternatively, there's Tides out on Nahant. Nice deck, view of the beach, but not the skyline.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
The view from the rooftop of Mission on the Bay in Swampscott is awesome. You can see the entire stretch of King's Beach, Nahant, and the Boston skyline in the distance.

I'd advise getting through Salem before rush hour, so Mission might be a good bet. The trip to Logan from there would likely be about 20-30 minutes, provided there are no significant road issues.

Alternatively, there's Tides out on Nahant. Nice deck, view of the beach, but not the skyline.
Thanks so much, bohemka! I think Mission on the Bay or Finz might be a perfect match. I have always wanted to see that part of the Metro as well.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful suggestions!

Old 02-16-2017, 09:56 PM

126 posts, read 123,679 times
fried clams on the outside deck at The Tides at the Nahant end of Lynn /Nahant beach or sitting on the wall at revere beach eating kelly's fried clams or pizza from Bianchi's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts