Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM

4 posts, read 14,336 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
We are relocating from NJ for a job. My husband will commute to South Station in Boston. I am looking at towns like Mansfield, Walpole, Wrentham, Easton, Foxboro, N. Attleboro...basically all over because the inventory is so low and nice places seem to be quickly snapped up. Anyway, if we end up liking a home in say Easton or Foxboro, will we as non residents be able to even get parking at the Mansfield rail station? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 12:48 PM

10,018 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Yes, but there are some restrictions in Mansfield: MBTA Parking - Town of Mansfield, MA

Yes to Walpole & Norfolk stations, too.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:42 PM

636 posts, read 705,921 times
"Mansfield, Walpole, Wrentham, Easton, Foxboro, N. Attleboro"

Move to Mansfield
Unless it has got longer, I believe it is a 25 minute train commute Mansfield to Boston.
If you live in a town[which are actually now mini-cities] that abuts Mansfield, your going to have to commute to Mansfield, adding 20 -35 minutes to your 25 minute train commute.
DOUBLE all that time above to commute to and from the Mansfield station.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:07 PM

10,018 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
"Mansfield, Walpole, Wrentham, Easton, Foxboro, N. Attleboro"

Move to Mansfield
Unless it has got longer, I believe it is a 25 minute train commute Mansfield to Boston.
If you live in a town[which are actually now mini-cities] that abuts Mansfield, your going to have to commute to Mansfield, adding 20 -35 minutes to your 25 minute train commute.
DOUBLE all that time above to commute to and from the Mansfield station.
Well, no Mansfield isn't necessarily the closest station to some of those towns. If you live in certain parts of Foxborough, it's easier to drive to Walpole, Norfolk or Sharon. If you live in Wrentham, you'd drive to Norfolk or Franklin. People who live in Easton might find Stoughton more convenient, etc.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 14,336 times
Thanks so much to everyone for your replies. At first I wanted to only look in towns with rail stations, but the market is pretty tough and I'm starting to compromise and look now at a whole bunch of towns. I think all of them would be OK but commute is huge consideration for my hubby. Thanks all for your advice. We had 2 hour door to door from Red Bank, NJ into NYC so I think we can improve on that!

Old 05-10-2017, 07:14 AM

91 posts, read 127,833 times
Living Mansfield is the best option if you want to park at the Mansfield MBTA Station. It also is still affordable compared to the towns further north and has good schools. Plus the train is quicker to reach Boston compared to the Franklin line.
Foxboro residents have a parking lot for Mansfield MBTA riders just over the town line in Foxboro. It's a tricky walk, but there are shuttles that run in the mornings and evenings.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:30 PM

Mansfield is a nice little community. Lived there for 5 years and regret selling the house and moving away. The town has turned into a winner for a place to live south of Boston.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:25 PM

3,176 posts, read 3,696,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Mansfield is a nice little community. Lived there for 5 years and regret selling the house and moving away. The town has turned into a winner for a place to live south of Boston.
You know it's next to Easton right?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
You know it's next to Easton right?
Suburb Easton makes for the impact buffer zone Community to separate the "urbanization effects and influences" of Brockton from spreading over to the Town of Mansfield. Even being more helpful for Mansfield, What use to be a 15 minute ride from Brockton to Easton to Mansfield now takes close to an hour with the Traffic congestion tie ups on Easton's suburban roads.

Last edited by wror; 05-11-2017 at 05:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts