Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 03:18 PM

73 posts, read 124,908 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are looking at Montessori schools for our middle school daughter. We've narrowed it down to 3 schools, one in Littleton, Millis and Beverly. We will be moving to be close to the school. Initially we will rent and then in a short while, buy a home. Which of these areas do you think we would have the best chance of finding a 3 bedroom home for under 350K? I know that's not a lot of money and I'm looking for something that might need work. I understand I may have to drive my daughter into the towns for the Montessori so we are looking at surrounding towns. I just don't want to move to an area only to find out that I'll never be able to buy a place. I'm not familiar with these areas and so any feedback about the overall vibe would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 03:28 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmschris View Post
Hi, we are looking at Montessori schools for our middle school daughter. We've narrowed it down to 3 schools, one in Littleton, Millis and Beverly. We will be moving to be close to the school. Initially we will rent and then in a short while, buy a home. Which of these areas do you think we would have the best chance of finding a 3 bedroom home for under 350K? I know that's not a lot of money and I'm looking for something that might need work. I understand I may have to drive my daughter into the towns for the Montessori so we are looking at surrounding towns. I just don't want to move to an area only to find out that I'll never be able to buy a place. I'm not familiar with these areas and so any feedback about the overall vibe would be greatly appreciated.
Can you qualify 'close'? 350k won't buy a 3 bed in any of these towns.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:55 PM

73 posts, read 124,908 times
I will have to drive my daughter to school each day and pick her up at the end of the day. If I can't afford these towns, I'll look at the surrounding towns. That's what I mean by close.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:25 AM

187 posts, read 217,333 times
I would search some less expensive homes near Beverly, maybe Lynn? It's not a good city though.
Near Littleton there is Hudson, Ayer or Maynard, maybe a ranch style home for the price.
Are you or a spouse working? Do you need to commute? The towns are not close by that you listed.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:56 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peabody99 View Post
I would search some less expensive homes near Beverly, maybe Lynn? It's not a good city though.
Near Littleton there is Hudson, Ayer or Maynard, maybe a ranch style home for the price.
Are you or a spouse working? Do you need to commute? The towns are not close by that you listed.
For Littleton, the other option is to head a bit further west. One can buy a a fairly nice 3 bedroom in Sterling for 350K, but that yields a 20-25 minute commute.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:18 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,643,596 times
Not knowing your commute, I say go for Beverly school and look for home in Salem.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:09 PM

550 posts, read 680,563 times
Ayer is pretty affordable and it's right next to Littleton. Clinton is another nearby option as well

Old 05-14-2017, 03:20 PM

34 posts, read 46,907 times
The only area I know out of the 3 is Millis there is nothing on the market in your price range right now but if you go to Medway the next town over there are some another close town is Bellingham 350k can buy a decent house there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts