Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:25 AM

15,692 posts, read 20,211,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
All guns are dangerous just as many other things in the hands of someone who has evil intent or ignorance of their safe operation.
Many household items from tools to kitchen essentials to chemicals could be used to maim and kill.
We have seen an uptick in attacks where the rampaging terrorist has used a car or truck.
Who needs a gun to kill when you think about it but a gun sure comes in handy to stop a bad guy.

Speaking of dangerous items we could put the now legalized pot on that list. I'm sure that most people will consume it in a safe manner such as at home where they can chill out but I'm sure we are going to see some idiots that ingest or smoke a marijuana product then go out for an impaired drive.
We already have so many people that are driving under the influence of booze, drugs both legal and not plus the ones who are texting or other wise distracted and it is dangerous out there. Adding yet another product to the list of things that can impair a driver is asking for trouble.

It's just like anything else in this country. Those who responsibly enjoy "something" tend to suffer the consequences of those who abuse it. New laws are created to prevent the abuse, and the only ones that adhere to the new laws were those that were responsibly enjoying it in the first place.

You could apply that to a lot of items, not just drugs, or firearms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 07:27 AM

636 posts, read 699,081 times
These teens later admitted they were smoking marijuana as they laughed at a man drowning this week.

I dont like drunks but gonna say at least drunks would have attempted to save the drowning man.
The cool, mellow muchie hungry Marijuana users? 'hey man look at the dude dying a horrible death' Pass me the Doritos man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYJmX7yC_sw

Old 07-21-2017, 07:56 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,737,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
These teens later admitted they were smoking marijuana as they laughed at a man drowning this week.

I dont like drunks but gonna say at least drunks would have attempted to save the drowning man.
The cool, mellow muchie hungry Marijuana users? 'hey man look at the dude dying a horrible death' Pass me the Doritos man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYJmX7yC_sw

You are simply incredible. If you think those same teens would have tried to save the guy if they were drunk, or even if they were 10000% sober, then I just have no words.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:54 PM

Maine Resident tells how her drug addiction life began "It started with Marijuana"
Sarah's Story: It's never too late for a second chance | WCSH6.com

Old 07-23-2017, 08:53 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,105,618 times
Quote:
Maine Resident tells how her drug addiction life began "It started with Marijuana"
Sarah's Story: It's never too late for a second chance | WCSH6.com

Wror, we really need to have a conversation on causation. It's pretty apparent that this woman is a trainwreck of bad decisions and smoking marijuana was symptom, not a cause of her problems.

No sane pro-legalization supporter would advocate for adolescent use, this said, marijuana use among highschool age children has exceeded 30 percent for the past few decades and I don't see 36 percent of the population mainlining heroin and having children out of wedlock.

Environment/upbringing and genetics are the primary drivers of addiction - end of story.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:04 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,737,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Wror, we really need to have a conversation on causation. It's pretty apparent that this woman is a trainwreck of bad decisions and smoking marijuana was symptom, not a cause of her problems.

No sane pro-legalization supporter would advocate for adolescent use, this said, marijuana use among highschool age children has exceeded 30 percent for the past few decades and I don't see 36 percent of the population mainlining heroin and having children out of wedlock.

Environment/upbringing and genetics are the primary drivers of addiction - end of story.

I am willing to bet alcohol or tobacco was in play before weed, too.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:21 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,024,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Guns kill people (I know, I know, PEOPLE kill people) but it's guns in the hands of people. Guns are ok for hunting but if someone is that scared, then make sure your doors are locked and have an alarm system and motion lights on your house. One thing that I like about our state is that it has sensible gun laws and hopefully, dangerous guns can't easily get into the hands of crazy people.
You can trust the locks, alarms, and cops, but before any cops come into the picture, it's just your family and the bad guy/guys. I'll add a firearm and a responsible owner(me) to my layered defenses.

Massachusetts has nonsensical firearms laws where a firearm can be "banned" simply due to its appearance.

The crazy people are a problem, but unfortunately we don't treat those issues with anything other than meds.

As far as the marijuana goes I'm not a fan, but other than similar risks to the public as alcohol, it barely registers on my give a crap meter. Neither of these mix with firearms.

The ATF does have something to say on guns AND marijuana.
See question 11e of the 4473. https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Old 07-29-2017, 11:27 AM

Smoking marijuana is treating your body like it is a garbage can.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:53 PM

40 posts, read 26,596 times
Quote:
Smoking marijuana is treating your body like it is a garbage can.
Firstly, one does not have to smoke it, there are other methods. Besides that, probably half of your own personal habits are equally as garbage-like but you either don't care or don't know about them. Strangely you are still not crowing for govt to parent you on those issues.

What a load of bullocks on this thread. The evidence of MJ as a danger, for driving, crime, health etc simply does not exist. Best course, stay the hell out of others business, let them to do as they please if it does not effect you. Morality police academy is not currently looking for honorary members either.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:09 PM

24,259 posts, read 16,939,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Mo View Post
Firstly, one does not have to smoke it, there are other methods. Besides that, probably half of your own personal habits are equally as garbage-like but you either don't care or don't know about them. Strangely you are still not crowing for govt to parent you on those issues.

What a load of bullocks on this thread. The evidence of MJ as a danger, for driving, crime, health etc simply does not exist. Best course, stay the hell out of others business, let them to do as they please if it does not effect you. Morality police academy is not currently looking for honorary members either.

It is funny how this post has turned from one that asked the question, how can one person make a decision that affects so many without public input and how her personal anti gun stance and signature turned law abiding gun owners in to would be felons overnight with a stroke of her pen and how the question of marijuana was put on the ballot, voted in and now our elected are dragging their feet to implement what the people want.
It is curious how the debate has gone back and forth here.

As for your claim that this is a load of "bullocks" xiao mo Making marijuana legal to everyone is a mistake.

Yes most people will consume the drug to chill at home but we all know that there will be some who light up and go for a drive.
I can't help but feel for the family of the Mass. state trooper Thomas Clardy that was killed by a a bozo who had just picked up his joints at the medical marijuana dispensery and instead of waiting to smoke them when he got home he lit up while driving. He plowed into Clardy's cruiser doing over 80 miles per hour.

Driver in crash that killed Trooper Thomas Clardy charged with manslaughter, allegedly smoked medical marijuana before crash | masslive.com

We have so many distracted drivers that are drunk, high on legal and non legal prescription drugs or otherwise distracted with their phones and electronics I don't think we need yet another drug made legal that impairs people.
We all know there will be those who abuse it and I don't want to meet them on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts