Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 07:26 AM

91 posts, read 127,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
i toured about a 1 mile radius of downtown of Mansfield to see what i could see; really looking ghetto. Still mostly White so dont misconstrue 'ghetto' means black. Almost looks like i was in a bad section of Boston. Saw lots of rental properties.
You may need to clarify what you mean by a ghetto here, because sounds like it means older houses because crime rate is pretty low. It's no different from a mile radius of Natick downtown. I don't see the knock here. Having lived in both towns, in many ways Mansfield is Natick south .
Condos and apartment properties near the downtown will only create a more walkable community. And despite the new construction, it is still not easy to find apartments near the train in Mansfield.

Quote:
Across the MBTA railroad station a HUGE MONSTER city like apartment building complex has gone up. About 5 stories up, Kinda looks like a Stadium.
I agree, it looks a bit too grandiose for my liking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 10:00 AM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Oh, I have to see this building. It sounds hideous.

I think North Attleborough reminds me of "Natick south", not Mansfield.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:31 PM

636 posts, read 705,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Oh, I have to see this building. It sounds hideous.

I think North Attleborough reminds me of "Natick south", not Mansfield.
The Mansfield Monster blocks out half the sky.

While checking out the Mansfield Monster Building across the railroad station, be sure to trot down the road to Easton and take a ride thu the new huge urban Easton apartment City complex behind the Target store. SIgnage throughout the City of Easton new apartment monster complex is half in English, half in Spanish.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:12 PM

652 posts, read 749,744 times
If an apartment building you see out the train is the worst thing that happens to you all day, life is pretty good.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:33 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,557,552 times
It does not look like a ghetto to me. Should make downtown Mansfield a more lively place.

Photo Rendering Link:
https://cdn.cbhomes.com/s3/mediasvc-...pg?preset=trim

As an fyi, the developer is the same firm that built the apartment building across from the Attleboro Station with a second coming soon.

One Mansfield on North Commons - Crugnale Properties

http://crugnaleproperties.com/portfolio/one-mansfield/

Old 08-02-2017, 12:18 PM

The charm of moving to and living in a Massachusetts town, it is a town. Not a city, not a suburb. Mansfield is matriculating into a suburb.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:20 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
The charm of moving to and living in a Massachusetts town, it is a town. Not a city, not a suburb. Mansfield is matriculating into a suburb.

Where in eastern MA is not a city or suburb?

Old 08-02-2017, 01:27 PM

652 posts, read 749,744 times
Quote:
It's been a suburb/exurb for a long time. Two interstates go through there. The Comcast center is there, attracting thousands of people regularly. It's a stone's throw from Providence.

I don't know what romantic notion you had about Mansfield, but it's nowhere close to a quaint rural new england town.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rethcir View Post
It's been a suburb/exurb for a long time. Two interstates go through there. The Comcast center is there, attracting thousands of people regularly. It's a stone's throw from Providence.

I don't know what romantic notion you had about Mansfield, but it's nowhere close to a quaint rural new england town.
I owned and sold a family building in Mansfield in the mid 1990s. The interstates,Comcast,ie Great Woods, the retail development all were in existence but Mansfield was still a little town.
Also, 10 years ago i took an out of stater on a 4 day tour of Southern Boston and Cape Cod for them to get a feel of where they would want to move to. Easton was too much traffic and too close to Brockton. They didnt care for Cape Cod. We passed though Mansfield at one point as an incidental. Later on the out of stater, said she liked Mansfield.
I said Mansfield? Mansfield was not on the list of towns i set out to show you.

Mansfield still seems like a town but perhaps i didnt take a good look. The Mansfield Monster building looks like something out of metropolitan Boston.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:05 PM

21,629 posts, read 12,746,938 times
A part of me thinks this may in fact be racial. As evidenced by the "this isn't racial but.." "booming car stereo type downtown"

Mansfield Easton were mentioned. Two towns where I know more than one black family. My guess is you saw more than two black people saw a semi-urban environment and made a personal downgrade.

Here's the news wror.. this is the fastest growing state in the north east Massachusetts is trying to add tens and thousands of units in the next 15 years many people who formally would have settled in Boston or lived in Boston have been pushed out to the South Shore will land is cheaper and some towns are in need of additional revenue these apartment complexes it being built in Quincy Dedham Randolph Easton Canton Mansfield are going to keep proliferatibg for 20 years. The urbanization of eastern mass will not end-just get used to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts