Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2017, 07:49 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Some months ago I posted here POT can smell like skunk and i was chasized as making it up.
The scenario is like this: your sleeping at 3am for work in the morning and wake up to the pungent strong smell of skunks pricking the inside of your nostrils. But it is your neighbors smoking.
If like to smoke POT and dont get bothered waking up to the the smell of skunks, you definitely have issues.

I initiated subscribed to this forum because i needed ideas of places to move to in Mass, or out of state, and was ready to pull the trigger on a move this year.
I am now holding off moving anywhere in Mass because of legal POT and want to see which Mass communities will be a mess and which will communties want to remain traditional.
For beginners, Not moving into any city areas. Suburbs where POT is being smoked in public scot-free already, cross them out.
You can cross Westwood off your list. We overwhelmingly supported banning pot stores in town (https://patch.com/massachusetts/west...ana-businesses) and I've never once smelled it here, but we've got actual skunks. I even had one die in my window well (I think maybe a fox got it, there was a terrifying noise the night it happened), which was just an awful smell until I managed to locate and remove it.

Considering typical suburban lot sizes, as long as you stay out of dense areas, somonoe would have to light a garbage bag of that stuff for it to wake you up at 3 AM. Actual skunks are way more of a smell issue for me (four times as opposed to zero).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 11:08 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,646,838 times
Typical Massachusetts. Not in my backyard but everything else is fine.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:39 AM

636 posts, read 705,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
You can cross Westwood off your list. We overwhelmingly supported banning pot stores in town ........
THAT is exactly the motive to what i am looking for by posting "3 places i saw POT being smoked in public on Thursday Evening". A list of Massachusetts Communities that are going to be difficult on POT.
Raynham Mass. Easton Ma. Rye NH. are not on the list. Especially Easton, the accident capital of the state already, is getting a monster marijuana growing plant in that suburb.

Going to be looking at real Estate in Westwood this afternoon.
Sharon looks like it is a community that is going to be difficult on POT

Old 08-06-2017, 07:05 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,693,742 times
Quote:
THAT is exactly the motive to what i am looking for by posting "3 places i saw POT being smoked in public on Thursday Evening". A list of Massachusetts Communities that are going to be difficult on POT.
Raynham Mass. Easton Ma. Rye NH. are not on the list. Especially Easton, the accident capital of the state already, is getting a monster marijuana growing plant in that suburb.

Going to be looking at real Estate in Westwood this afternoon.
Sharon looks like it is a community that is going to be difficult on POT
What's your housing budget? Lol

Old 08-06-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
What's your housing budget? Lol
Say under $300,000.
Now, surely your not going to say the only Mass communities one can buy into for under $300,000 are the very pro POT, undesirable Mass communities.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:32 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,693,742 times
Quote:
Say under $300,000.
Better quit while you're ahead lol. I hope you like Brockton lol.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:36 AM

840 posts, read 759,173 times
Quote:
Some months ago I posted here POT can smell like skunk and i was chasized as making it up.
The scenario is like this: your sleeping at 3am for work in the morning and wake up to the pungent strong smell of skunks pricking the inside of your nostrils. But it is your neighbors smoking.
If like to smoke POT and dont get bothered waking up to the the smell of skunks, you definitely have issues.

I initiated subscribed to this forum because i needed ideas of places to move to in Mass, or out of state, and was ready to pull the trigger on a move this year.
I am now holding off moving anywhere in Mass because of legal POT and want to see which Mass communities will be a mess and which will communties want to remain traditional.
For beginners, Not moving into any city areas. Suburbs where POT is being smoked in public scot-free already, cross them out.
Someone told me there is pot called skunkweed that does indeed smell like a skunk and I find it repulsive. I'm in Cleveland now where pot is still illegal (except maybe for medical) but I smell it around town and see people smoking in public here too. Ugh...

Old 08-06-2017, 07:38 AM

840 posts, read 759,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
That's exactly what I hear from my friends in Seattle. Stuff all over the ground, papers or whatever it is they drop, the smell too.

I used to want it legalized back in the 60s but back then I was also too young to think about the consequences. And I only wanted to be able to smoke at home or at parties--not out in public where other people were walking around.

I smoked regular cigarettes too and never cared when other people complained. Now I know that kind of behavior is immature and even selfish. Smoking interferes with other people's rights to clean air. By choice, I do not live in a city. I want fresh air, not polluted city air. I had no right to stink up the air with my smelly cigarettes--I realize that now. No one has the right to go around blowing smoke in other people's faces or stinking up the air that we all breathe. They even smoke on the beach--and we are the ones who have to pick up our towels and try to find another place to sit.
Nice to hear that some people get it and realize how it impacts others. Most don't seem to care.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
Better quit while you're ahead lol. I hope you like Brockton lol.
So, the more pro POT a community, the lower the housing prices, the less desirable they are? LOL me too.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:40 PM

21,626 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Drinking outside is typically not allowed...so why do people think they can mozy on down the st walking and smoking pot? Or smoke it in your own backyard, house or car.

Something just come down to manners. It's rude to smoke pot or cigarettes walking down a busy st. It's also rude to listen to loud music on your phone or talk loudly on the train as many people seem to do these days. Some people just don't care about what other people think AT ALL...and sometimes you need to as a courtesy.

on another note i don't know how anyone enjoys the smell of pot. It smells like crap or a skunk to me.
It's a city, I just don't expect everyone to act like they're not living there life just because why're outside the house..that's stodgy and old fashioned. Not courtesy as far as I see it. It's supposed to be a free country where you. And smoke cigs talk loudly, do sprints and listen to music on the phone outside. If you don't like it then you should stay inside also ur in a city with 14k people per square mile, you can't expect hen all to share your beliefs that's a large part of living in a city, freedom of expression, diversity, hustle. On a quiet residential street it's different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts