Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:32 PM

8,525 posts, read 13,913,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Cashless tolling, not towing. My bad.

As for mistakes - I've had an EZ Pass for 13+ years. I've never had an error on my account and I check every month for business expenses. I've used it on rental and friend's cars - by adding the plate onto the account - and it's been flawless.
My wife still has the same EZ Pass from when she lived with her parents (probably still says Fast Lane on it ). So, it's still connected to her mom's account. We just never bothered to do anything about it.

Anyway . . . a couple of months ago my MIL asked me why we were driving to Maine so much. I said "we haven't been to Maine in about a year!" For several months, she was getting charged tolls that were being credited as being my wife's car and the location showed as somewhere in Maine. I don't remember what the tolls added up to but it took a few months for her to get it straightened out with EZ Pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
It was suggested HERE that I get a new transponder. I went to a local AAA and they told me that if mine works that there was nothing wrong with it. They said that the gantries, though, have improved dramatically in their directionality since 11 years ago and that I didn't need to keep it in its metallic bag in the glove compartment anymore.
My parents live in Florida during the winter and they ship their cars down (and back) every year. One year they left their EZ Pass up in the window and they got charged tolls all the way down to Florida.

Quote:
They are not on major highways in eastern PA. My brother in law lives there. I have no reason to believe he is lying to me. At our age(pushing 70), there is no point in that. He could give me the exact roads but that wouldn't mean anything to you.
I've seen structures on local roads (where exactly escapes me) that look like toll gantries but I've never been charged a toll by one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 PM

23 posts, read 22,795 times
some juicy conspiracy theories going on in here

Old 08-03-2017, 04:29 PM

9,785 posts, read 7,054,306 times
Quote:
They are not on major highways in eastern PA. My brother in law lives there. I have no reason to believe he is lying to me. At our age(pushing 70), there is no point in that. He could give me the exact roads but that wouldn't mean anything to you.
Ask him - we can google it.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:47 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,096,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Ask him - we can google it.
Everything is not on the internet. And since its not in MASS, I see no point.

Thanks everyone for their advice. I'm moving on now.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:01 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,463,820 times
Quote:
<>But my brother in law has now found that local jurisdictions are now putting the overhead collectors on normal roads and connecting them directly to the EZpas system.<>
I suspect your brother in-law needs to contact his local TV station that does followup on scams. Can he give a cite for his claim? Maybe a picture?

Old 08-04-2017, 06:18 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,876,028 times
Quote:
Everything is not on the internet. And since its not in MASS, I see no point.

Thanks everyone for their advice. I'm moving on now.
Yeah. Pretty much everything is on the internet. Including lots of stuff that's just flat out untrue.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,669,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Yeah. Pretty much everything is on the internet. Including lots of stuff that's just flat out untrue.
It would be kind of hard for a toll gantry to magically appear on a local road without any sort of news coverage.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:39 AM

126 posts, read 122,646 times
Quote:
I suppose. I purchased my EZPass in another state more than 12 years ago. It would be a big hassle. My EZpass is pretty big.
get a new one

Old 08-07-2017, 09:23 AM

15,693 posts, read 20,218,705 times
Quote:
One thing we don't like is that the green lights telling you that it was a successful connection are disappearing. So when it says don't go faster than 5 mph through the line, DON'T. AND WHEN THE SPEED ONES SAY DON'T GO FASTER THAN 60 MPH, DON'T.

They aren't needed anymore. You could blast through at 100MPH and it will still pick up the reader. The speed limit signs are for safety of the collectors who may be crossing lanes, or working in a toll both with speeding cars feet away from them, or just narrow lanes through the old booths.

But I've never had an issue with my EZ pass...other than MA EZPASS requiring an account number for first time login on their new site. I have NO IDEA where my account number info is.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:34 PM

23 posts, read 22,795 times
Just so you are all aware, if you go through one of those gantries faster than 75mph, you will get a speeding ticket in the mail. Also, once they get you they can track your speed at any time any place in the state and you'll just keep getting tickets in the mail.

Stick to the back roads folks.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts