Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 10:07 AM

319 posts, read 504,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
My point is that cultures that value and practice "family values" & "education importance" are the least likely to be "high percentage" source of violent crime. In terms of Vietnamese, many came as boat people "as kids" in the 70s and 80s often without their parents thus the loss of family structure

Are you disputing this?
Now you have it. What I read a little earlier was an attribution of success to one's being Asian which is false. My counter example included blacks (Jamaicans, Haitians, Nigerians), Jews, Hispanics (Cuban).

I can agree that the key to success is a supportive family structure and family values. It doesn't matter if the family is rich, poor, or in between. It doesn't matter the family's race, ethnicity or national origin.
It doesn't matter if the family is mom/dad, grandparent, auntie/cousins, two moms/two dads, or
perhaps head of household with supportive adult friends. Any educator
will agree that school cannot repair things that are not being reinforced at home.

Thank you for clarifying your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 12:23 PM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Back in the late 1990s, Black students from Boston were listing 'Brookline Ma addresses' so they could attend the Brookline Public Schools. Brookline ,Ma, perhaps the most Liberal, most Progressive,pro-ethnic diversity community in New England. But still predominately White Liberals.
Word got out Black students from Boston were attending the Brookline public schools. The Brookline Ma Police, subservient to Brookline Official directives,the Brookline PD assigned detectives to follow home black students from the Brookline public schools to make sure they did not live in Boston. They found at least one Black student from Boston attending the Brookline Public schools. The Black student was an upstanding honor student but kicked out of the Brookline schools.
All of the above was covered in the Brookline Tab newspaper,circa early 1999, as well as a topic on the WBZ David Brudnoy Show---After i sent him a copy of the Brookline Tab to him.

Then the old joke about Liberal Boston Globe Editors. If you want to call them after 5pm , dial 1 first. They live in the Lincolns and Wellesleys

Yes, Money leads to the whitest, most Liberal,most racist towns in Massachusetts.
Milton cracked down on black kids using cousin addresses. The black percentage in the school had declined from a peak of 23% down to 16% since the crack down started around 2009/2010.

A town near Bridgeport CT did this as well.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:39 PM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Most of the blacks in Quincy live in the Germantown projects, at least that's how it was in the past. Could have something to do with it.

Also wasn't one of the attackers white?
Quincy has always had these kids. The difference is this is not the past and Quincy is Considerably more diverse than it was just 15 years ago. The culture hasn't changed though. And Milton kids do this too. When I used to hang out in Milton an lived in Hudson street back in Middle and High school the black kids lived in West Milton and the white kids called it Miltapan. They called East Milton "the E." this was 10 years ago.

We also heard there was a chapter of the KKK in East Milton. My mom told me how the Milton police were becoming stricter and I heard on the news the police try to explain it WASNT racial peofiling but that basically read to me as 'were defffffffinitwly racial profiling.'

We stayed away from East Milton because it was too close to Quincy. I know a black family in East Milton and a cousin and black coworker who live in Quincy. It's definitely an area that has racial changed ALOT. The whole south shore-i think racial tensions are bound to happen but this fight between kids doesn't strike me as racial. These kids are wayyyy more used to going to school with different races then people growing up in the area in the 80s. This was just classic Quincy/East Milton (in assuming) culture.

It is funny tho I assumed the black would be from Milton (15%Black, 70% white) and the whites would be from Quincy (5% black, 60% white). Also there is only one black kid from Quincy involved here. One is watchivg and The rest are Hispanic/ Asian. Every moderately tan person isn't black.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:40 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,323,101 times
I grew up in east milton, went to a private high school and I've NEVER heard of there being a chapter of the KKK in east milton. I mean really it's milton, not the deep south. Are there racist white people who dont want black people in milton? sure, but that isn't the same as the KKK

There are certainly asian gangs in quincy so don't be fooled. Pennyone seems to think that simply because asians want to educate their kids and have them do well in school that it must mean they are good honest people. I have found over the years that many of these asians are pretty selfish and only out for themselves. They run cash businesses, don't file/pay taxes, dispose of garbage improperly and are often here illegally.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:48 PM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Milton cracked down on black kids using cousin addresses. The black percentage in the school had declined from a peak of 23% down to 16% since the crack down started around 2009/2010.

A town near Bridgeport CT did this as well.
That's kind of how public schools work. If you don't live there, you don't get the services of that town.
For example, Wilmington people get to use Silver Lake for free because their tax dollars pay for it, if you live in a surrounding town, you have to pay to use the beach.

Unless you propose the state changing the rules so that if you (or the City of Boston) pay the town you can go to their schools, its not a race issue its a town of 20K having to pay for and extra 15% of students is a huge burden on the tax base because the biggest item on any towns budget in the schools.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:55 PM

and i agree on the school thing. If you live in boston you sure as hell shouldnt be sending your kids to milton or brookline public. If you want your kids to go to a better school save your money and move to a better town like everyone else. It kills me that people think it's an injustice when they get caught doing this, lol. oh yes it's because youre black...that's why they decided to catch you.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:11 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
I grew up in east milton, went to a private high school and I've NEVER heard of there being a chapter of the KKK in east milton. I mean really it's milton, not the deep south. Are there racist white people who dont want black people in milton? sure, but that isn't the same as the KKK

There are certainly asian gangs in quincy so don't be fooled. Pennyone seems to think that simply because asians want to educate their kids and have them do well in school that it must mean they are good honest people. I have found over the years that many of these asians are pretty selfish and only out for themselves. They run cash businesses, don't file/pay taxes, dispose of garbage improperly and are often here illegally.
Well, what you say may be true, or may not be. But for me, good neighbors who want their kids to study and stay out of trouble are what I care about. What they do with cash business or where they get their money are not my job to worry about. That's for law enforcement to deal with. I hardly ever hear about Asian muggers in Quincy and I have never sensed any danger while walking down any of the streets in and around the neighborhoods that I frequent in Quincy. So as far as I am concerned, who care? My neighbors who are Asians often run their snow blowers right pass my front walkway as a courtesy. Their kids don't play out on the street and make a nuisance of themselves. They are courteous, drive nice cars and keep their homes clean and well maintained. I have no complaints.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:19 PM

So you don't care that they don't file/claim taxes? Basically they are stealing from you and benefitting themselves and likely teaching their children to do the same. I care about that.

Continue to turn a blind eye though because they are quiet neighbors.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:35 PM

880 posts, read 819,497 times
Quote:
So you don't care that they don't file/claim taxes? Basically they are stealing from you and benefitting themselves and likely teaching their children to do the same. I care about that.

Its certainly not a large majority not paying taxes, I would estimate it at 8-12% of people who:
- don't pay full taxes because they are paid cash
- live as a family but ARE NOT LEGALLY married so the "wife" can get single mom benefits
- come here illegally via "fake marriages"
- live in low-income government housing while owning a house and renting it out (the house will be owned by their kids but paid for by the parents 'cash business')
- claim free school lunches and any kind of welfare, food stamps, medical while working for cash

I personally know at least 4 families that do this, I can't report them because they are distant relatives by marriage.. too much bad karma

Its not 'all' of them, but it enough of them to make your blood boil

Old 08-05-2017, 02:42 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:

So, what do you do? Report them? I report them if they are loud or are a nuisance. But I am not going to go around snooping into their finances, right? Whether I care or not isn't really relevant in this case. Like I said, it's the job of law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts