Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 07:33 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

You seem to relish telling people what to do, and tearing down others. Not my thing. I'm out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 07:34 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You seem to relish telling people what to do, and tearing down others. Not my thing. I'm out.
Irony, your name is timberline742!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:42 AM

3,214 posts, read 2,121,919 times
I don't remember ever telling anyone to do anything. Show me where in this thread i did so.
I was giving my personal opinion on a place that I live. Sorry it didn't jive with your opinions.
maybe you need a service dog for your feelings?

Old 10-18-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I don't remember ever telling anyone to do anything. Show me where in this thread i did so.
I was giving my personal opinion on a place that I live. Sorry it didn't jive with your opinions.
maybe you need a service dog for your feelings?

Short memory

Quote:
I was speaking about Roslindale.
go get a coffee and relax my man.
I have no idea about Salem, so i don't comment on it.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:10 AM

3,214 posts, read 2,121,919 times
Quote:
Do you have something constructive to add to this woman's post or are you just here to call me bitter. If the later, than let me save you a few keystrokes by saying. You got me.. you win. i'm bitter. You are neither from the area, nor have a service dog. Go troll another thread. Good lord.
It seems you are forgetting my most important of all suggestions though.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:15 AM

Except I'm being constructive, and I haven't forgotten anything. Thank you though. Please stop derailing the thread.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:35 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
There are still some deals to be had in Dedham. It borders West rox and Hyde park on one side, And Westwood on the other. i think it's a good place to look. The center has come a long way from what it was. Theres a small theater, a lot of food options, and live music in a couple of those venues.
I don't like the Canton option. My brother lived there. It was a nightmare to get in and out of at all hours of the day. I think this will severely limit your access to Boston.
I can't really speak to the rest you listed.
+1

OP, should narrow list to Arlington, Natick and Dedham. Canton is more for families and pretty disconnected from even the bordering towns due to having so many major roads running through. OP never answered my question regarding how attached to Brookline they are, so we still don't know how that factors into new location. and if they are that down on Roslindale, neither Waltham nor Salem is going to be right for them. I'm assuming OP wants something less urban and edgy, intellectual but not necessarily arty.

Last edited by 495neighbor; 10-18-2017 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: add

Old 10-18-2017, 01:39 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdmass View Post

So on my list I have: Norwood, Canton, Dedham, Medfield, Wakefield ?? Melrose, Natick
These seem to have nice properties I can afford.

Acton, Hopkinton, seem too far out.

Thanks again, everyone.
Yeah, Acton and Hopkinton would be too far out for you. Although, Acton does have a very active chorale group and little theater group with performances by adults and high school students. I don't do performing arts, but several of my friends from the area enjoyed participating.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:14 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The problem is, they can't live in the bank and they need to live somewhere. So, unless they're leaving the region, they're going to be putting it right back into another pricey place.
Even for Greater Boston, it seems overpriced for what it is.

Quote:
I am actually from that area, And I'm not laughing at all. When I go to a bar and there are service dogs, and people making fun of the poor scrubs in work clothes with Boston accents. Maybe im just bitter.
Last visit down there I stopped to get a haircut in the square, and couldn't help but think "what the heck happened to this place?". I'm not bitter at all, but I do confess that I don't like change. Seeing so much of it (especially when it's not necessarily for the better), just makes me want to be away from there.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:18 PM

434 posts, read 510,636 times
I think Arlington would be a great fit for you. None of the other suggestions in this thread (IMO) offer an intellectual vibe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts