Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 06:11 PM

23 posts, read 27,655 times

Advertisements

I filed for a divorce and my spouse and I are ordered to meet and work out some details about our case. We have not, and the date is close. I have prepared my docs per what I know but we still have not had our meeting yet. I’m wondering what will happen if we show up for this case conference and she has still not completed any of her paperwork like her financials etc.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 03:34 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Did you ask your attorney?

Old 11-06-2017, 05:39 AM

16 posts, read 21,538 times
If you both have attorney's then I would imagine they would postpone the meeting.
I know when I went through my divorce, my ex-husband side was constantly postponing the case costing me more and more money and it was frustrating.
If you don't have an attorney, i would imagine the judge would postpone anyway because they can't decide on a case until the information it's available, especially the financial part of it because that is a necessity to determine support, etc.
You can always call the court and ask them. They are very helpful contrary to public opinion.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:57 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Seriously, if they don't have their financial statements ready then the judge could impose sanctions and she may also have to pay the additional attorney fees. There might be a short postponement.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:01 PM

23 posts, read 27,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Did you ask your attorney?
We’ve been trying to avoid using attorneys and complete a separation agreement ourselves. We’re actually very close with it. Her follow through justbsucks and can not make a decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1210 View Post
If you both have attorney's then I would imagine they would postpone the meeting.
I know when I went through my divorce, my ex-husband side was constantly postponing the case costing me more and more money and it was frustrating.
If you don't have an attorney, i would imagine the judge would postpone anyway because they can't decide on a case until the information it's available, especially the financial part of it because that is a necessity to determine support, etc.
You can always call the court and ask them. They are very helpful contrary to public opinion.
Unless we sign off that discovery has happened. Am doing it has not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Seriously, if they don't have their financial statements ready then the judge could impose sanctions and she may also have to pay the additional attorney fees. There might be a short postponement.
It may be postponed, I’m hoping it not to be and ordered to immediate trial and be a one day thing. This is possible, provided all criteria has been satisfied

But thank you all for your advice. I think if we can not close this at the pretrial conference, seems like we both just need to sign a separation agreement we’ve been working on, I’ll retain a lawyer. I’m ok with a quick n dirty 1 day divorce if she’s willing to work on basic conversation skills, if not, don’t think I have any choice after that

Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts