Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 07:10 PM

17,708 posts, read 9,175,662 times

Advertisements

shoppe
/SHäp,ˈSHäpē/
noun

plural noun: shoppes
  1. a deliberately archaic spelling of shop, used in the hopes of imbuing a store with old-fashioned charm or quaintness.
    "the mishmash of the usual Tourist Gift Shoppe"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 07:16 PM

wror, if you want to "witness the birth of the marijuana industry in Massachusetts", you can sign up for the "This Week in Weed" newsletter from The Boston Globe...

Old 11-09-2018, 04:53 AM

636 posts, read 705,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
wror, if you want to "witness the birth of the marijuana industry in Massachusetts", you can sign up for the "This Week in Weed" newsletter from The Boston Globe...

Sort of like the yestercentury of the 'birth of the tobacco industry '?

Get the public to believe smoking cigarettes is cool,healthy, everyone is smoking cigarettes,sell candy cigarettes to groom future generations of cigarette smokers.
In Boston and other cities across the country, the tobacco companies were giving out Free cigarettes outside the South Station,Back Bay, and in Roxbury neighborhoods in the 1980s, trying to jump start a new generation of addicted cigarette smokers.
Then later on in years, it comes out smoking cigarettes is additive,bad for your health,causing birth defects, killing people. But it is too late, the general public and generations of people became addictive to smoking cigarettes. Big Tobacco companies hiding the truths about Tobacco.

Naaaw, i rather not get involved with history repeating itself. Cannabis the villain instead of tobacco.
Other then, i do admit, i do get a sort of 'high' knowing people 10,20,30 years from now, may search the old achieve posts of City Data and say wror viewpoints were nostradamus-like posts about Cannabis.

Last edited by wror; 11-09-2018 at 05:30 AM..

Old 11-09-2018, 06:38 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,118,146 times
Yes. Exactly like it. Except the WEED is a plant. it's flower dries, then consumed. There are 1,000's of additives in cigarettes which keep you addicted. Not so with the WEED. I believe anything in it's natural state as a plant should not be regulated for consumption.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:52 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,398,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Sort of like the yestercentury of the 'birth of the tobacco industry '?

Get the public to believe smoking cigarettes is cool,healthy, everyone is smoking cigarettes,sell candy cigarettes to groom future generations of cigarette smokers.
In Boston and other cities across the country, the tobacco companies were giving out Free cigarettes outside the South Station,Back Bay, and in Roxbury neighborhoods in the 1980s, trying to jump start a new generation of addicted cigarette smokers.
Then later on in years, it comes out smoking cigarettes is additive,bad for your health,causing birth defects, killing people. But it is too late, the general public and generations of people became addictive to smoking cigarettes. Big Tobacco companies hiding the truths about Tobacco.

Naaaw, i rather not get involved with history repeating itself. Cannabis the villain instead of tobacco.
Other then, i do admit, i do get a sort of 'high' knowing people 10,20,30 years from now, may search the old achieve posts of City Data and say wror viewpoints were nostradamus-like posts about Cannabis.

Oh so 30 years ago, maybe you should get down off your box

Old 11-09-2018, 06:53 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Yes. Exactly like it. Except the WEED is a plant. it's flower dries, then consumed. There are 1,000's of additives in cigarettes which keep you addicted. Not so with the WEED. I believe anything in it's natural state as a plant should not be regulated for consumption.

Yup, it's not so much the tobacco that is the biggest issue, but the additives and the extra nicotine pumped in.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,921,958 times
Quote:
So you'd have no problem with my line of hemlock smoothies? It's totally organic and only has pure hemlock juice. Hemlock is not only all natural, it is endorsed by philosophical genius Socrates.

This is the exact kind of nature is bountiful and perfect WOO that makes me lose respect for the legal marijuana crowd. Burning anything (even toast) isn't good for you. If people understand the risks and doing whatever makes them happier or at least a little less angry, I say go for it. It's not totally safe. It does have healthy and mental effects. It's on the whole better for most people's health if they don't use it.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:25 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
So you'd have no problem with my line of hemlock smoothies? It's totally organic and only has pure hemlock juice. Hemlock is not only all natural, it is endorsed by philosophical genius Socrates.

This is the exact kind of nature is bountiful and perfect WOO that makes me lose respect for the legal marijuana crowd. Burning anything (even toast) isn't good for you. If people understand the risks and doing whatever makes them happier or at least a little less angry, I say go for it. It's not totally safe. It does have healthy and mental effects. It's on the whole better for most people's health if they don't use it.

Most people I know using it these days aren't burning it.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:30 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,921,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Most people I know using it these days aren't burning it.
Good. Probably safer for them. Definitely less obnoxious for everyone else.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I'd argue that it's not in its natural state. To me, natural state would be putting seeds in the ground and then letting the rain and sun take care of things.

This stuff is grown indoors with high powered artificial lighting. And in many cases, without soil. Lots of funky stuff can be done to increase the yield.

I'm not saying I'd prefer it in its natural state. Indoor is nearly always far superior. I'm just pointing out what natural state means to me.

I like the idea that lab testing is mandatory. Lab testing ensures that you won't be consuming dangerous chemicals (from pesticides) or harmful mold. In theory anyway. We'd have to assume that the shops are operating 100% legit - and that's a pretty big assumption. I have a hard time believing that lab rejected marijuana will be thrown away. Likely it will go out the back door, though, as opposed to being sold through the shops. But who knows?

I'm wary about edibles and concentrates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts