Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 10:31 AM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
From the sounds of it, everyone should just stay away if the cops just sit around looking for people to pull over.
Bar Harbor Maine in the wintertime was like that. The cops would sit in parking lots along the road and then follow drivers around at night for no reason over than to be difficult to people. I had an overnight job in that town for a couple of years and one time I preemptively pulled over when a cop pulled out and started to follow. He pulled up behind me and then read me the riot act for pulling over "for no reason." He didn't/couldn't ticket me for anything and I think that is what pissed him off. I deprived him of his moments of power. This took place years before using cell phones while driving became regulated. If it happened in this day and age I could have claimed I was answering my phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 10:59 AM

636 posts, read 705,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Is being a speed trap town now a good thing?
I watch my step when i transverse the roads in West Bridgewater. Also, Sharon,Brookline,.
So, ya.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:15 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,805,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why would you go to jail? It's not illegal to use or have.
But it is illegal to smoke and drive or smoke then drive. Same penalties as OUI liqour.

In the absence of a breathalyzer like test, proving someone is under then influence is nearly impossible. I'm guessing you'd have to be caught in the act.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 PM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
In California they swab your mouth and/or do a field sobriety test. I don't know if either would hold up in court, but they can make it difficult and costly (lawyer) for you.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:42 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
But it is illegal to smoke and drive or smoke then drive. Same penalties as OUI liqour.

Well sure, but who the heck is talking about doing that? He was talking about people that use weed in general.

Anyone dumb enough to drive while messed up doesn't and hasn't cared about being able to buy weed retail. Seriously people, think!

Old 04-17-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Well sure, but who the heck is talking about doing that? He was talking about people that use weed in general.

Anyone dumb enough to drive while messed up doesn't and hasn't cared about being able to buy weed retail. Seriously people, think!
There is a medical POT place right next door to a popular retail chain store i go to every so often. The retail chain that is. You can sit there in your vehicle in the parking lot and watch the customers come out of the POT places with a paper bag. Get in their vehicles, going to say about 1 out of every 10-15 light up the POT right there in their vehicles, then drive off.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:41 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,230,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
There is a medical POT place right next door to a popular retail chain store i go to every so often. The retail chain that is. You can sit there in your vehicle in the parking lot and watch the customers come out of the POT places with a paper bag. Get in their vehicles, going to say about 1 out of every 10-15 light up the POT right there in their vehicles, then drive off.
I went to a RESTURANT the other day and I saw people drinking BEER and WINE then getting in their cars and DRIVING off. The horror.

It's just like alcohol, it's not like you're inebriated if you take one puff.

But yes there needs to be some sort of way to figure out a legal limit like there is with alcohol. As it is now if you can pass a field sobriety test then you're fine.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:

And? Are you not understanding that these are the same people smoking and driving already?

Weed is easy to get. Always has been. This changes NOTHING.

And what are you doing spying on people? Weird.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
And? Are you not understanding that these are the same people smoking and driving already?

Weed is easy to get. Always has been. This changes NOTHING.

And what are you doing spying on people? Weird.

Pot was widely used in Colorado well before it was legalized in 2012
After legalization of Marijuana , Colorado POT driver-related roadway fatality deaths went from 0 to dozens every year.
In 2016, Colorado: 77 deaths by 77 drivers that tested positive for the chemical in Marijuana

Old 04-18-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Pot was widely used in Colorado well before it was legalized in 2012
After legalization, Colorado POT driver-related roadway fatality deaths went from 0 to dozens every year.
In 2016, Colorado: 77 deaths by 77 drivers that tested positive for the chemical in Marijuana

Again, you are confused. Having pot in the system doesn't mean it was a pot related accident. They could have smoked it the previous week, it shows up for a month, and prior to 2012 they didn't test for it so that is why it was "0". If you seriously think no one prior to 2012 had marijuana in their system then I have no idea what to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts