Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 08:15 AM

4,235 posts, read 3,675,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
Chocolate milk is junk. Save your money and buy the conventional version. Organic sugar isn't any healthier than conventional lol.
Nevertheless, it cost less at WF than at BJ's.

My kid likes it. He doesn't drink juice or soda, and at least this has protein and calcium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 12:36 PM

344 posts, read 333,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kizzy_xo View Post
That's true. Heck, I don't shop at any Roche Bros. primarily for that reason. They're also struggling -- one of my old coworkers left her managerial job there saying the pressure was just too much.

However, Roche Bros. does have its core forever fans. They're the ones keeping it alive, IMO.
Well then Roche Bros doesn't have much time yet. The one in Quincy feels like its 90% octogenarian shoppers.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:58 PM

295 posts, read 314,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLinderman View Post
Well then Roche Bros doesn't have much time yet. The one in Quincy feels like its 90% octogenarian shoppers.
Not sure about that. They have location in downtown and sounds like will be opening a smaller one in Kendall square and Waltham, and larger one in Watertown. I believe the Waltham one is opening next week

Old 04-27-2018, 01:50 PM

6,522 posts, read 6,668,140 times
Last time I stopped by a Roche Bros store was in Burlington several years ago (that store is now closed & soon to become a Target) & I committed the major offense of purchasing a few 12 packs of coke over the store limit. I did not notice the per limit sign. They let me know about it at the counter in no uncertain & nasty terms. There were hundreds of 12 packs on the floor, it's not like they had a few left.....found the whole episode absurd & petty. Instead of moving product, they were more concerned with berating me.

Never went back in the store. Getting yelled at in the workplace, or at home by my significant other is one thing....don't take kindly to having it happen in public when I'm trying to spend my money with an establishment. So....this is my belated salute to Roche Bros

Old 04-27-2018, 05:14 PM

4,235 posts, read 3,675,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Last time I stopped by a Roche Bros store was in Burlington several years ago (that store is now closed & soon to become a Target) & I committed the major offense of purchasing a few 12 packs of coke over the store limit. I did not notice the per limit sign. They let me know about it at the counter in no uncertain & nasty terms. There were hundreds of 12 packs on the floor, it's not like they had a few left.....found the whole episode absurd & petty. Instead of moving product, they were more concerned with berating me.

Never went back in the store. Getting yelled at in the workplace, or at home by my significant other is one thing....don't take kindly to having it happen in public when I'm trying to spend my money with an establishment. So....this is my belated salute to Roche Bros
You mean there was a limitation of 12 packs of Coke at a certain price? (There used to be a limit of 10 when they were on sale for $1.99 each, years ago.) I've never heard of a limit, regardless of price, though. I was always under the impression that when there was a limit of 10, that meant a limit of 10 at 1.99, and then any box over 10 would be 4.99/box or whatever the prevailing rate was.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:21 PM

17,139 posts, read 8,789,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post

You shouldn't have to tolerate it at work or home either.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You shouldn't have to tolerate it at work or home either.
In a perfect world

Old 04-27-2018, 09:37 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,009,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Do you mean Super Markets (Neighborhood Markets) or Super Stores (Supercenters)? As for the latter, there are a bunch in MA. Even most of the older traditional Walmarts have been expanded into Supers and now sell full groceries. I have never seen a Neighborhood Market in MA. Not sure what the appeal is either. Walmart is pretty lousy for groceries, plenty of much better options around.
Walmart Neighborhood Market is Walmart's supermarket. Walmart Supercenter is Walmart's hypermarket.

Walmart Neighborhood Market has nice stores with quality products and fresh foods, good prices, and good service. I like its full-service bakery, deli, meat, pharmacy, produce, and seafood departments.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
You mean there was a limitation of 12 packs of Coke at a certain price? (There used to be a limit of 10 when they were on sale for $1.99 each, years ago.) I've never heard of a limit, regardless of price, though. I was always under the impression that when there was a limit of 10, that meant a limit of 10 at 1.99, and then any box over 10 would be 4.99/box or whatever the prevailing rate was.
I don't remember the limitation, but it was lower than 10 or 12 packs. I was not impressed by how they responded to me....you need to make sure that your help is defusing any customer situations, not making those interactions worse.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:53 AM

837 posts, read 1,217,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLinderman View Post
That's because there's a huge senior living complex across the road from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts