Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 11:53 PM

12,840 posts, read 22,014,769 times

Advertisements

I can’t sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 11:57 PM

17,713 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Me either.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:59 PM

17,713 posts, read 9,181,543 times
https://twitter.com/PeteAbe/status/1052795329182146560

Old 10-18-2018, 04:57 AM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Why are all these tweets being posted?

Old 10-18-2018, 05:48 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
How about 8 runs?

24 hours later, the same post is appropriate. I don't think 8 runs is going to happen tonight against Verlander. Here's hoping for a David Price on short rest redemption game. If the game gets out of hand, I'd expect to see Mitch Moreland on the mound for a few innings to save the bullpen for Fenway.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
24 hours later, the same post is appropriate. I don't think 8 runs is going to happen tonight against Verlander. Here's hoping for a David Price on short rest redemption game. If the game gets out of hand, I'd expect to see Mitch Moreland on the mound for a few innings to save the bullpen for Fenway.
Agreed. In a perfect world, you'd have a healthy Sale going tonight with a charged up Sox team ready to put it away. But obviously given the pitching situation tonight is, at least on paper, very much a game the Astros should win. And if it does go that way, I would also expect Cora to just let it go and rest his guys (we have one fewer pitcher than any other team left).

That being said, I'm really excited for the Sox tonight. Verlander is great. A hall of famer without a doubt. But this is a great hitting team and I am hopeful that they can get to him the 2nd time around. I also think that by not having Sale in there, there's actually less pressure on the Sox. They're up 3-1. They go home if they lose and still have two chances to clinch it. If the combination of Price and Rodriguez (big if, I know) can be serviceable (not great, just serviceable), I think that this team can get comfortable and (forgive me), do some damage. Especially since being down 3-1 with the prospect of having to win 3-straight (and the final 2 on the road) on the road is uncharted for the Astros who, between last year and this year have never been down more than one game and still had homefield advantage. They're the favorites, and they're used to winning and winning their way. We'll see how they respond.

Of course, we all know that 3-1 (or 3-0) and having to win the final two on the road isn't necessarily a death sentence. The Astros are excellent. They're defending champions with both the talent and chemistry to roar back in this thing. But I like where we are now, and I really like the chemistry of this team that just has no quit in them. I know we won't get 16-1 again, but it would be great to shock the world and crush Verlander tonight and end it.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:36 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
There are Lies, damn lies and Line scores .,😀

Old 10-18-2018, 09:58 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Agreed. In a perfect world, you'd have a healthy Sale going tonight with a charged up Sox team ready to put it away. But obviously given the pitching situation tonight is, at least on paper, very much a game the Astros should win. And if it does go that way, I would also expect Cora to just let it go and rest his guys (we have one fewer pitcher than any other team left).

That being said, I'm really excited for the Sox tonight. Verlander is great. A hall of famer without a doubt. But this is a great hitting team and I am hopeful that they can get to him the 2nd time around. I also think that by not having Sale in there, there's actually less pressure on the Sox. They're up 3-1. They go home if they lose and still have two chances to clinch it. If the combination of Price and Rodriguez (big if, I know) can be serviceable (not great, just serviceable), I think that this team can get comfortable and (forgive me), do some damage. Especially since being down 3-1 with the prospect of having to win 3-straight (and the final 2 on the road) on the road is uncharted for the Astros who, between last year and this year have never been down more than one game and still had homefield advantage. They're the favorites, and they're used to winning and winning their way. We'll see how they respond.

Of course, we all know that 3-1 (or 3-0) and having to win the final two on the road isn't necessarily a death sentence. The Astros are excellent. They're defending champions with both the talent and chemistry to roar back in this thing. But I like where we are now, and I really like the chemistry of this team that just has no quit in them. I know we won't get 16-1 again, but it would be great to shock the world and crush Verlander tonight and end it.

This is the kind of game where you wish Steve Wright was on the roster. Hope the knuckler is working and he eats up a bunch of innings.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:16 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
This is the kind of game where you wish Steve Wright was on the roster. Hope the knuckler is working and he eats up a bunch of innings.

You got that right. He is the perfect spot starter or long relief when behind role guy.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Yup! I refer to them as "Wake Games" because it's exactly the role Tim Wakefield would have played. The knuckler is a departure from the norm and can really throw a team off if it's fluttering. And if it's not, he's not going to tire so he eats innings sets the team up for the rest of the series. It's a shame Wright hasn't been able to regain the form he showed a few years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts