Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 08:32 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The test report said 6 to 10 generations back. It could just as easily be 6 generations and 1/64th. Of course, Fox News immediately uses the upper bound 10 generations number to spin it. Elizabeth Warren is a big threat to Rupert Murdoch and his brethren. For many years, she's always maintained that her family lore was that she had American Indian in her family tree. I see this as enormous deflection from a party with a President who has likely been propped up with Russian mob money since daddy died since no sane banker would lend him a dime and daddy was no longer around to bail out his constant stream of business failures. That and nutty policy from the billionaire right wing extremists like Sheldon Adelson. It's pretty irrational foreign policy to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

Reckless. As is getting out of the nuclear deal with Russia. The man is a threat to our country.

I'm betting most families in a place like Oklahoma have similar family tales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 08:37 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Somewhat unrelated, but the best I can say about Warren is that she did inspire me to order 23andme. Should be fun!

Old 10-22-2018, 08:47 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
somewhat unrelated, but the best i can say about warren is that she did inspire me to order 23andme. Should be fun!
:d

Old 10-22-2018, 01:16 PM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
A politician not telling the truth, hot off the presses.
Taking a cavalier attitude towards it allows it to not only continue but also grow. Lying politicians are like black mold. if you ignore the problem it just spreads and grows until it consumes everything.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:21 PM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
For what it's worth, I find her very entertaining.
Yeah, now imagine if the late night talk shows and SNL would step away from Trump for just a second and write a parody or two about her.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:00 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Voting record is clear.

Against temporary removal of firearms of those deemed a threat, against prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity, against the minimum wage hike, for restrictions on collective bargaining.

He is mostly on the wrong side of every issue, with some minor exceptions.

I wouldn't expect you to agree with him on most issues.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
No, the point is it's Senator Pocohontas to you. You treat politics like it's sports. Manny was OK even though he was a juicer because he brought a couple World Series wins to Boston. TB12 couldn't possibly have had anything to do with deflated footballs. In politics, your 'team' is a bunch of extremely rich people who use right wing media to get people all worked up about fringe social issues so they vote for politicians who support low taxes for rich people. The other 'team' isn't any better. Just different fringe issues. Everybody is using emotion when what we really need is a rational discussion about public policy. That includes listening to Elizabeth Warren lectures that make my ears bleed.

I do not have a "team".

Old 10-22-2018, 02:11 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It's more that Warren isn't working for the people of Massachusetts, and instead spending her time attacking Trump and behaving like a future presidential candidate. She's an absentee Massachusetts senator and not focusing on the needs of the residents of Massachusetts.

And being a carpetbagger, because for years being a Harvard professor and being in the academic world, and not in touch with any issues of the Massachusetts people.

And then her claiming Cherokee DNA because of family lore, yet never once in all of her 69 years actually getting to know the Cherokee people and their culture or advocating for them.
Well, I want a senator who is against trump.....so she’s it.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post

Then she is definitely your woman, just hope you don't ask for much else...

Old 10-22-2018, 02:19 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
But what is that person is not tending to their duties as your state senator? She doesn't have to be a state senator in order to tweet against him.

Plus she seems to be planning to run against him in 2020, so she's going to be doing even less work as a Massachusetts state senator. Wouldn't it be much better for Massachusetts if she just lost this race and instead just focus on her presidential run???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts