Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:07 PM

210 posts, read 505,375 times

Advertisements

You're welcome Nohogal. I thought it would get the point across. How about looking at places in Pocassett? It used to be a good area, but I'm not sure how it is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 09:43 AM

8 posts, read 24,193 times
I will add Pocassett to my small list! Any help I can get I appreciate!!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:35 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,598,002 times
Onset is actually an up and coming area that is getting expensive. People are building huge houses on the water. At one point it was very expensive, then it was depressed, and now it is getting very pricey again.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:52 PM

8 posts, read 24,193 times
Well, thank you, too, RLCMA! I am going to be heading down there to do some investigation on my own, and I will definitely check out Onset. Wild life USED to be in my life ( a lo-o-o-ong time ago!) but now I prefer wildlife.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:44 PM

There is definitely no wild life on Onset. Maybe in the summer but that's about it.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:04 PM

46 posts, read 113,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
First off, Wareham is NOT Cape Cod. I hate when people think Wareham is Cape Cod. If it's not on the other side of the bridge it's not Cape Cod. Buzzard's Bay is a village of Bourne on the mainland and I don't consider that Cape Cod because it's not on the island. Anyway, if you're looking to be on the water for $350,000 you're going to have to be on fresh water because there is no way you can get an oceanfront property in Falmouth or anywhere on the Cape for $350,000 unless you're looking for a pre-foreclosure and can talk the owners down to this amount. They'd have to be extremely desperate though. I'm not sure if you could get an oceanfront property in Wareham for this amount but you have a better shot there than on the Cape.
People consider Wareham to be part of Cape Cod. It's called the GATEWAY to the Cape for a reason. That bridge isn't that far and it's closer to the Cape than not. Generational ties to Cape Cod here - way over that bridge and it's the Cape to me. Cheers.

Last edited by Amerie; 04-20-2008 at 10:13 PM..

Old 04-20-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohogal View Post
Big problem with Wareham is that in some areas the "year-round" population is a rough crowd and there is a lot of crime. I would not live there year round.
That doesn't sound good! What about Onset? Isn't that a part of Wareham? That bad in the off-season also? Because I am looking for a year-round home!
Onset is part of Wareham and it's is probably worse there than in other areas from the year round perspective simply because people tend to hang out and congregate there. The problem is there is nothing to do there which can lead to mischief more oft than not. I agree with the other poster - look further down. They are building some nice condos on the canal over the bridge.

Cheers.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:07 PM

Well I hate to burst your bubble but Wareham is NOT Cape Cod. Unless you're on the other side of the canal you're not on the Cape. Go over the bridge and then you're on Cape Cod. If you consider Wareham the Cape then whatever. As far as actual geography goes it's not Cape Cod but I realize there are people like yourself who want to believe Wareham is Cape Cod. It's South Coast.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerie View Post
Onset is part of Wareham and the crime is probably worse there than in other areas.

Umm not so much anymore. Onset is starting to become what it once was, which is very nice. Needless to say, it's not there yet but I don't think Onset has the worst crime in Wareham. Multi-million dollar homes wouldn't be selling if it was that bad.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Well I hate to burst your bubble but Wareham is NOT Cape Cod. Unless you're on the other side of the canal you're not on the Cape. Go over the bridge and then you're on Cape Cod. If you consider Wareham the Cape then whatever. As far as actual geography goes it's not Cape Cod but I realize there are people like yourself who want to believe Wareham is Cape Cod. It's South Coast.
Well being a Cape Coder if you will for many generations - that's how it's been for us. I am well aware of the actual geography - I simply stated how I and many others see it. I personally don't like the Cape and would never live there again and am really hard pressed to visit every blue moon.

Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts