Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2019, 06:34 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
#6 for Jackie!
and that puts him over .200
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 06:56 PM

17,709 posts, read 9,181,543 times
#7 for Jackie!

Old 06-18-2019, 10:50 PM

This game is approaching 5 hours...

Old 06-19-2019, 07:55 AM

12,839 posts, read 22,014,769 times
Quote:
Tough loss. If they can bounce back from this and still take the series from Minnesota in Minnesota, I might start feeling better about this team's chances. For me, it will still always come back to the bullpen though. They need to strengthen the back end of it if they want to win. They may cruise to a playoff (likely Wild Card) spot as constituted, but they can't win series against good teams in October with the bullpen as-is.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:01 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Tough loss. If they can bounce back from this and still take the series from Minnesota in Minnesota, I might start feeling better about this team's chances. For me, it will still always come back to the bullpen though. They need to strengthen the back end of it if they want to win. They may cruise to a playoff (likely Wild Card) spot as constituted, but they can't win series against good teams in October with the bullpen as-is.
Definitely wouldn't be cruising though. At least currently (early I know), the wild card spot is pretty tight. Point is, Sox are not clearly a playoff shoo-in.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Definitely wouldn't be cruising though. At least currently (early I know), the wild card spot is pretty tight. Point is, Sox are not clearly a playoff shoo-in.
No, I agree with you. I didn't phrase it well, but I meant that in terms of best case scenario - even if they are rebounding now and make a good run through the end of the season, I think they have big problems in October. But they have to get there first and I don't know if they have what it takes yet.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:31 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
and that puts him over .200
I don't understand his admiration by fans, but I guess growing up watching Griffey and Edmonds, I know on field acrobatics and .280+ average are not mutually exclusive.

JB is the definition of mediocre.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:06 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I don't understand his admiration by fans, but I guess growing up watching Griffey and Edmonds, I know on field acrobatics and .280+ average are not mutually exclusive.

Kenny Lofton too.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post

I think the on field acrobatics, the modern fixation (sometimes to a fault) on player value stats like UZR and DRS, etc. which are categories he usually excels in, and the fact that he's on a team where he can generally hide behind stronger hitters in the lineup is why people admire him. Generally the pro JBJ stance is "His defense saves as many/more runs than the average offensive player produces and he's fun to watch in the field."

This year, there are cracks. For starters, the lineup isn't pulling its weight in many areas, so JBJ's performance is more noticeable and has a bigger impact. He's also not performing defensively as he has in the past. Granted, he's perfectly adequate (no errors), and some of that isn't his fault (you can't control where balls are hit in your territory), but he's not putting up dramatic defensive stats and making incredible catches as regularly.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I fell asleep in the 14th.

I have mixed feelings about the bullpen. They did a great job last week against Texas after Price got lit up and pulled in the 2nd. But, yeah, I have concerns also.

Thoughts on Edwin going to the Yankees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts