Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 10:06 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,728,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I know the owner. It went on the market about a week ago and it’s already pending.

Yes it is in the corner of Francis Wyman but the new builds on FW are almost $900 and IMHO aren’t worth the asking. The lots are conforming but they seem to be mostly wetlands.
Good luck finding a sucker to pay 900k to live on FW.

This has been sitting since Sept:
https://www.redfin.com/MA/Burlington...m_content=link

I wouldn't buy that even if it were 400k. What's the point when your kids can't even ride their bike or cross the street safely? I'd constantly be worried about their safely not to mention the noise, and backing out of the driveway will be a chore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 05:59 AM

9,873 posts, read 7,195,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Good luck finding a sucker to pay 900k to live on FW.

This has been sitting since Sept:
https://www.redfin.com/MA/Burlington...m_content=link

I wouldn't buy that even if it were 400k. What's the point when your kids can't even ride their bike or cross the street safely? I'd constantly be worried about their safely not to mention the noise, and backing out of the driveway will be a chore.
To be fair, i believe they had just finished framing in September and it was listed at that time. All three of the houses in the project aren't even done yet.

The one next door at 30 FW is $990K.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
To be fair, i believe they had just finished framing in September and it was listed at that time. All three of the houses in the project aren't even done yet.

The one next door at 30 FW is $990K.
There's houses in less desirable Billerica that sold for 750-850k (Sumner Farms) before they even broke ground so there goes that theory.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:36 AM

9,873 posts, read 7,195,178 times
Quote:
There's houses in less desirable Billerica that sold for 750-850k (Sumner Farms) before they even broke ground so there goes that theory.
Isn't that your price range? May I ask why you aren't already in one of those houses?

edit - if that much land was available in Burlington and they built the same houses, they would probably be pushing $1.2+.

Heck - look at this house on Lexington Rd that just sold for $1.205 - it's on LEXINGTON for goodness sake right near the mall.

Last edited by robr2; 05-22-2019 at 12:00 PM..

Old 05-22-2019, 11:42 AM

622 posts, read 563,251 times
Yeah why aren't you in one of those 700-800k homes in Billerica?

Old 05-22-2019, 11:46 AM

23,556 posts, read 18,651,084 times
Quote:
850K in the RICCA! Nah dUUDE!!!

Old 05-22-2019, 12:20 PM

Burlington has better location, school and lower taxes than Billerica. I'm saying that if houses are selling for 850k in Billerica but the house for 900k isn't selling in Burlington then something is wrong.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Burlington has better location, school and lower taxes than Billerica. I'm saying that if houses are selling for 850k in Billerica but the house for 900k isn't selling in Burlington then something is wrong.
Why don't you up your budget to 1M and get in a new construction home in Burlington.

The prices will just keep going up. Don't be that guy who is too proud to spend 1M in Burlington and stays out of the market for 5 years and eventually gets priced out or has to settle for a much worse house.

1M seems like a lot now for Burlington but give it a few years. Those 800k homes may be going for 1M in 2 years. If your budget is 1M now in Burlington then you can buy a really kick ass home and not have much competition when buying. You may even be able to negotiate the price down a bit. Everything is new so the clock will start fresh on depreciation of finishes and appliances. You won't have to spend a dime on remodeling for years, you'll have top tier energy efficiency with low utility bills. If you try to buy a home for 800k SO IS EVERYONE ELSE. You will encounter competition. The level for which competition occurs keeps going UP UP UP every year.

You'll be an idiot in 2019 to buy 1M in Burlington but you'll be a genius in 3 years from now I say go for it!

Last edited by panchilly; 05-22-2019 at 01:10 PM..

Old 05-22-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchilly View Post
Why don't you up your budget to 1M and get in a new construction home in Burlington.

The prices will just keep going up. Don't be that guy who is too proud to spend 1M in Burlington and stays out of the market for 5 years and eventually gets priced out or has to settle for a much worse house.

1M seems like a lot now for Burlington but give it a few years. Those 800k homes may be going for 1M in 2 years. If your budget is 1M now in Burlington then you can buy a really kick ass home and not have much competition when buying. You may even be able to negotiate the price down a bit. Everything is new so the clock will start fresh on depreciation of finishes and appliances. You won't have to spend a dime on remodeling for years, you'll have top tier energy efficiency with low utility bills. If you try to buy a home for 800k SO IS EVERYONE ELSE. You will encounter competition. The level for which competition occurs keeps going UP UP UP every year.

You'll be an idiot in 2019 to buy 1M in Burlington but you'll be a genius in 3 years from now I say go for it!
If it were worth 1M I would. The problem is there are no houses in a good location for that price right now. There's the ones on FW which is basically a highway, and a couple in Winnmere which is the oldest, run down part of town south of the highway - basically in Woburn. A new construction in a good neighborhood is 1.3M+ and I'm too butthurt to afford that.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
If it were worth 1M I would. The problem is there are no houses in a good location for that price right now. There's the ones on FW which is basically a highway, and a couple in Winnmere which is the oldest, run down part of town south of the highway - basically in Woburn. A new construction in a good neighborhood is 1.3M+ and I'm too butthurt to afford that.
But will Winnmere stay rundown forever? If it is south of the highway it has the best location. There might be opportunity there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts