Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 09:21 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times

Advertisements

For the record bostonbornmassmade went to Roxbury Latin. I know white people who would sell their soul to get their kids into that school

What a tough life of oppression BBMM is leading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 09:22 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I remember when I was 20 yrs old and I worked with a Hispanic woman who said she wanted to move to NH. I remember asking, WHY?? Because NH just isn’t an attractive state to me. She said she had a lot of friends in NH and it’s a good place to raise kids. This was over 20 yrs ago. She’s not black but there is a pretty big Hispanic population so apparently it isn’t unwelcoming to them

Maybe black people are just finding something else to be mad and complain about.
OR maybe hispanics don't face as much racism and colorism as darker skinned black people do??? Duh

Old 01-13-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
For the record bostonbornmassmade went to Roxbury Latin. I know white people who would sell their soul to get their kids into that school

What a tough life of oppression BBMM is leading.
Yet I got in... hmm

I also know white families who willingly left that school.

And who said i was talking about myself. Are you mad? jealous? Whats the issue?

Old 01-13-2020, 09:23 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, the thread wasn't about poor neighborhoods where people can't afford housing. You were referring the Latin community.

If they’re poor and having 4 to 5 kids that’s not a community I want to be in

Getting "uppity" are they?
No just complaining and doing nothing to change their situation. And blaming everyone else.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:24 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
OR maybe hispanics don't face as much racism and colorism as darker skinned black people do??? Duh
They can look similar in appearance. This woman’s husband was black so her kids were mixed.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:28 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Yet I got in... hmm

I also know white families who willingly left that school.

And who said i was talking about myself. Are you mad? jealous? Whats the issue?
It seems like you are talking about yourself. If not what exactly is the point of this thread? You seem to have a problem with any place where they majority is white.

You just play the role of this poor oppressed black man. Going to a school like Roxbury Latin is not something most get to do so you think you’d be happy and excited about your future.. You don’t seem it.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
It seems like you are talking about yourself. If not what exactly is the point of this thread? You seem to have a problem with any place where they majority is white.

You just play the role of this poor oppressed black man. Going to a school like Roxbury Latin is not something most get to do so you think you’d be happy and excited about your future.. You don’t seem it.
youre crazy for that.

also what make sit seem i like talking about myself? YOU just brought MY high school information into this thread without me asking.

I can and should use my education to advocate for equality.

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 01-13-2020 at 09:41 AM..

Old 01-13-2020, 09:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

I can and should use my education to advocate for equality.

Yes, of course.

There seems to be a certain percentage of people that only look out for themselves and their families. They vote for their personal wallets. They only care about them and theirs. They don't seem to understand working to better life for others and other communities. I don't get it, but it seems to be a quite common sentiment, unfortunately.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:35 AM

Sometimes you just can’t worry about everyone else. People will make their own choices in life. Sure there are people who will be treated unfairly but most of it comes down to choices.

Maybe you should become a lawyer. I’d say run for city councilor or something but I don’t think those people have much impact on what you’re goals would be.

But calling out NH for its lack of diversity seems unproductive. I am white and I don’t want to live in NH either.

Last edited by Bridge781; 01-13-2020 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: /

Old 01-13-2020, 09:42 AM

NH seems like one of those states where you live there because you were born there and you never move. And the cycle continues. I know some people move from MA to NH for the lower COL or maybe they got a job there but it overall doesn’t seem like the most desirable place to live.

Telling NH they basically suck because they lack diversity isn’t necessarily the fault of the people living there. There are racist people everywhere but they can’t stop anyone from moving somewhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts