Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 255 times

Advertisements

TL;DR
Looking for a landowner who would appreciate having their property managed for free, in exchange for a place to pitch a tent around the Amherst & Northampton area.

After hitting a low point last summer I've been trying to rebuild my savings, but between rent and car expenses there really isn't much left over. So for the past few months I've been enjoying a great work for rent arrangement that has helped me get back to square one. Unfortunately work options for 20 hours a week are pretty limited.

Ironically I'm very comfortable in the outdoors and living in simple conditions, but making money is a bit of a challenge in the middle of nowhere. Relocating to Western Mass, has been great as there are an abundance of opportunities. However despite the variety of alternative lifestyles I have yet to come across a landowner (closer to town) who would be willing to trade land for upkeep.

That's it really. I'm a hard and persistent worker, would love to keep a small vegetable garden. An ideal situation may be paying a set rent to lease the land I live on, but the possibilities are endless. Really all I want is a safe spot to park a tent and live my life for a year or so while I get my life together. And if that involves building some gardens or clearing a forest, so much the better.

Looking forward to hearing back from whoever may be listening. Thank!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts