Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 09:40 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antibetiks View Post
Thanks at all.

I will rent a car and i love driving around usa, because of that i can visit small towns farer than Boston.

1.- I am thinking to try visiting Rockport (MA), Glens Falls (NY), Lebanon (NH), Albany (NY), Chestar (CO), Provincetown (MA), Chatham (MA), Hyannis Port (MA), ... What do you tink about?

2.- For shopping, i think Merrymack and whrentham Premium Outlets. Any others better? I don't care if it's not premium outlets.

3.- I want to go to a Rodeo Show, i see i can go to Adirondack Stampede Charity Rodeo in Glens Falls (NY).

I appreciate your help a lot

Thanks

EDIT: i wrote FERIA in my first post, but i wanted to say FAIR. My english is very poor, sorry.
That's an optimistic schedule for 8-9 days of travel.

Colorado is too far to drive, and skip Albany...it's a craphole. Go to Providence instead.

You are just missing the Topsfield Fair which runs from Oct 4-14th. You are pretty much arriving at the end of the season and start of winter here.

Nascar is up in Louden, NH at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway, but it's schedule wraps up in Sept and they go into the winter down-time.

Halloween? Go to Salem, MA. You won't be disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 09:57 AM

40 posts, read 44,410 times
Let's see. If you want premium outlets, check out the ones out in Lee, MA near NY. There are so many small, gorgeous towns out in the Berkshires. You would find not better Halloween vibes than in the quaint towns in Western Massachusetts.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:27 AM

31 posts, read 20,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
The "premium outlets" is just marketing.

Ok, where can i go shopping better in Massachussets, Rhode Island or New Hampshire. Better comercial centers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I don't think that you'll want to be driving to Colorado from New England. It's much too far.

I don't know why you'd go to Albany, either. There's just not much to see there.

oh i think i wrote bad. I didn´t want to say Albany (colorado), but Albany (NY). I see Albany (NY) in Google Maps, and it is only 169 miles from Boston. What is the mistake?

I saw pics of Albany and looks like a good town to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyk72 View Post
that's a lot of driving and mostly not very scenic highway drives. Is there a reason for the NH towns and Albany? While in Northern part of MA, you can see Salem, Newburyport, Gloucester aside from Rockport - not in the same day obviously. All very scenic.

Ok perfect, i am looking for towns like you have told me, Salem, Newburyport, Gloucester, rockport,....any more???

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
That's an optimistic schedule for 8-9 days of travel.

Colorado is too far to drive, and skip Albany...it's a craphole. Go to Providence instead.

You are just missing the Topsfield Fair which runs from Oct 4-14th. You are pretty much arriving at the end of the season and start of winter here.

Nascar is up in Louden, NH at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway, but it's schedule wraps up in Sept and they go into the winter down-time.

Halloween? Go to Salem, MA. You won't be disappointed.

I understand, but my holidays are those days.

Oh i am very sad, i won´t be able to see Nascar.

Salem is sure.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogi48 View Post
Let's see. If you want premium outlets, check out the ones out in Lee, MA near NY. There are so many small, gorgeous towns out in the Berkshires. You would find not better Halloween vibes than in the quaint towns in Western Massachusetts.

Ok, i take Lee Premium Outlets.
VERY IMPORTANT: which towns to enjoy Halloween in western Massachusetts????? Please, i am looking for that exactly.

Thanks

Old 09-18-2019, 06:28 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
What exactly do you want to shop for And what sort of (shopping) budget?

We talking dollar store? Or Nordstrom?

Old 09-19-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
What exactly do you want to shop for And what sort of (shopping) budget?

We talking dollar store? Or Nordstrom?

I want to shop clothes (Nike, Levi´s, Michael Kors, US Polo As., Tommy H., Adidas,...Sport clothes....). I would like to find cheap clothes and i know there are in Premium Outlets. U know more places to shop cheap clothes?

I don´t know what is Nordstrom or dollar store. Sorry.

Thanks you

Old 09-20-2019, 02:28 PM

Please help me

@bostonmike7 @dm84 @CaseyB @mmyk72 @nogi48

Old 09-20-2019, 05:13 PM

10,018 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antibetiks View Post
I want to shop clothes (Nike, Levi´s, Michael Kors, US Polo As., Tommy H., Adidas,...Sport clothes....). I would like to find cheap clothes and i know there are in Premium Outlets. U know more places to shop cheap clothes?

I don´t know what is Nordstrom or dollar store. Sorry.

Thanks you
Nordstrom is a department store, no cheap clothes there unless you find a really great sale.

You don't want to visit a dollar store, no clothes.

The only premium outlets in Massachusetts are in Wrentham and Lee. The outlets in Wrentham are not far from the football stadium, it has all the stores you mentioned. The outlets in Lee are on the way to Albany if you still want to go there ( I don't know why you would).

Old 09-20-2019, 08:13 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
If you are driving north, as you will if you go to Salem, Rockport, and Newburyport, you could keep on driving north and hit Portsmouth New Hampshire. After you have fun in Portsmouth, you go across a bridge and there are OUTLETS in Kittery, Maine. They are not really that cheap but you might find some out of season clothes there (summer clothes will be out of season.) At the very least, you will see some amazing stores like Kittery Trading Post where you could spend hours (and a lot of money too.)

https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/kittery/stores This is a list of the stores.

You aren't coming at a very good time because it's not summer and it's not winter but you will be coming at a time when there isn't very much tourist traffic. Driving should be easy. I think you should stay in the eastern part of the area and spend a few days driving near the coast though the towns of Salem, Rockport, Newburyport, and Portsmouth, then a shopping spree in Kittery Maine. It will be cold so don't think of it as going to the beach. After that, if you still have time, you can do other things, even go out to western MA. I don't know of any rodeos because this is New England and we don't have rodeos here. Rodeos are something that take place out west, maybe in Texas and far away places like that.

If, as you said, there is a rodeo in the Adirondacks, you would drive to western MA and then up north. But I have only been to the Adirondacks once so I know next to nothing about that. As others have said, Colorado is so far away that you would have to fly. It might be like going from Spain to Poland. It's nowhere near Boston, MA.

Feel free to ask more questions. It's the only way to learn.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you are driving north, as you will if you go to Salem, Rockport, and Newburyport, you could keep on driving north and hit Portsmouth New Hampshire. After you have fun in Portsmouth, you go across a bridge and there are OUTLETS in Kittery, Maine. They are not really that cheap but you might find some out of season clothes there (summer clothes will be out of season.) At the very least, you will see some amazing stores like Kittery Trading Post where you could spend hours (and a lot of money too.)

https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/kittery/stores This is a list of the stores.

You aren't coming at a very good time because it's not summer and it's not winter but you will be coming at a time when there isn't very much tourist traffic. Driving should be easy. I think you should stay in the eastern part of the area and spend a few days driving near the coast though the towns of Salem, Rockport, Newburyport, and Portsmouth, then a shopping spree in Kittery Maine. It will be cold so don't think of it as going to the beach. After that, if you still have time, you can do other things, even go out to western MA. I don't know of any rodeos because this is New England and we don't have rodeos here. Rodeos are something that take place out west, maybe in Texas and far away places like that.

If, as you said, there is a rodeo in the Adirondacks, you would drive to western MA and then up north. But I have only been to the Adirondacks once so I know next to nothing about that. As others have said, Colorado is so far away that you would have to fly. It might be like going from Spain to Poland. It's nowhere near Boston, MA.

Feel free to ask more questions. It's the only way to learn.

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot.

I will post my itinerary asap to know your opinion.

Thanks

Old 09-23-2019, 10:35 PM

2,310 posts, read 6,825,240 times
I would not call prices at the Outlets cheap. They have sales and clearance where prices are really good - but not everything is a good deal. In fact, some Outlet items are made specifically for the Outlet so they can charge less compared to the full price store. Still I'd image American brand merchandise like Nike would be cheaper than what they sell for in Europe regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts