Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2019, 07:35 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 07:59 AM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
What state is that? Marlboros are more than $8.90 in MA.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Cheers for missing the point

Old 10-24-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Cheers for missing the point
It wasn't missed; it was dismissed.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:36 AM

To sum this 500 pages of text up here's a good read.

House committee advances measure taxing nicotine in vaping products

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...aping-products

Old 10-25-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
And that's why you don't get it. Dismissing facts for your information-less stats.

from the CDC:
Oct 22

About Patient Exposure:
  • All EVALI patients have reported a history of using e-cigarette, or vaping, products.
    • THC is present in most of the samples tested by FDA to date, and most patients report a history of using THC-containing products.
    • The latest national and state findings suggest products containing THC, particularly those obtained off the street or from other informal sources (e.g. friends, family members, illicit dealers), are linked to most of the cases and play a major role in the outbreak.

Surely, even someone in your position can gather that this outright ban of legal products was unjust.
But i do not have high hopes for that coming across.
There are too many coincidences that will be benefiting tobacco, Pharma, and the government to just dismiss and call people crazy for questioning.

using your noggin requires more than listening to local news headlines.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
And that's why you don't get it. Dismissing facts for your information-less stats.

from the CDC:
Oct 22

About Patient Exposure:

• All EVALI patients have reported a history of using e-cigarette, or vaping, products.
    • THC is present in most of the samples tested by FDA to date, and most patients report a history of using THC-containing products.
    • The latest national and state findings suggest products containing THC, particularly those obtained off the street or from other informal sources (e.g. friends, family members, illicit dealers), are linked to most of the cases and play a major role in the outbreak.
Surely, even someone in your position can gather that this outright ban of legal products was unjust.
But i do not have high hopes for that coming across.
There are too many coincidences that will be benefiting tobacco, Pharma, and the government to just dismiss and call people crazy for questioning.

using your noggin requires more than listening to local news headlines.
It was dismissed because it was an apples to oranges comparison.

One product is regulated, has been tested for many decades, and has a health warning on every package. The other product isn't, hasn't been, and doesn't.

I'll also add that I find it curious that some people continue to ignore the word "most" - especially when that word plays such an important role.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
It was dismissed because it was an apples to oranges comparison.

One product is regulated, has been tested for many decades, and has a health warning on every package. The other product isn't, hasn't been, and doesn't.

I'll also add that I find it curious that some people continue to ignore the word "most" - especially when that word plays such an important role.
You do realize that the products that were banned are tested and have those same warning labels right?

You do realize that the products that were banned have been in use for 10ish years right?
You do realize people have just staring becoming ill right?
Can you try to maybe scratch your head a little and come up with an informed thought based on these facts, or you just need to be right?

Old 10-25-2019, 09:52 AM

I don't know why I need to keep posting this, but here goes again:

"The FDA didn't regulate the sale of e-cigs until after 2016. Companies like Juul were already up and running, so they won't even get reviewed by the FDA until 2023."

And, no, the banned products do not have the same warnings on the packaging. One product has a health warning from the Surgeon General. The other simply states that nicotine is addictive.

When/If you start bringing some actual facts to the table, we can continue with this discussion.

My head hurts from banging it against the wall.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:09 AM

You have some valid points, and sorry if this is turning into a pissing match. But I wish what would come out of this would be forcing the CDC to test the legal products used correctly without big tobacco influence and people could have real facts to base their decisions on. i don't see that happening. Baker wants the tax money. Tobacco is fine with that. I wish they would just stop pinning on some public health crisis that is just not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts