Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 06:40 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Looks like it was updated to "contingent" status yesterday and it indicates that the contract was accepted on Monday. So, it sounds like this agent was just a little slow on updating the listing. The timing would indicate though that multiple offers are a possibility.

I've seen (and i'm sure you have too) this scenario play out dozens of times in my local market. House gets listed on a Thurs with a Sat/Sun open house schedule and an "offers due by" clause. Weekend rolls around and house is usually pending by Tue or Wed. I didn't catch the listing early enough though to see if that clause was listed in the description. I've seen a few listings pull that phrase once the deadline passes.

But I have it saved in my favorites on Redfin to see what it actually ends up selling for at closing on Dec 2nd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 02:47 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I've seen (and i'm sure you have too) this scenario play out dozens of times in my local market. House gets listed on a Thurs with a Sat/Sun open house schedule and an "offers due by" clause. Weekend rolls around and house is usually pending by Tue or Wed. I didn't catch the listing early enough though to see if that clause was listed in the description. I've seen a few listings pull that phrase once the deadline passes.

But I have it saved in my favorites on Redfin to see what it actually ends up selling for at closing on Dec 2nd
I've seen that happen more times than I can count. I do recall seeing that verbiage in this listing.

I love when I see a listing that's been on the market for months and I stumble across "offers due on Monday" still written in there.

Old 10-17-2019, 03:03 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:

Please do keep us informed.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:19 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Looks like the sale fell through...at least from what I can tell. Listing was pulled, and defaults to the previous sold date in 2018.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:49 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Looks like the sale fell through...at least from what I can tell. Listing was pulled, and defaults to the previous sold date in 2018.
On MLS it shows the status as "temporarily withdrawn" which means there's still a listing contract in place it's just not being actively marketed through MLS.

Looking at the listing history it was under contract from 10/29 to 11/10. So, it was only under contract for a couple of weeks. That could mean the sale fell apart for any number of reasons like:

-Buyer got cold feet
-Inspection issues
-Failing to negotiate the terms of the Purchase & Sale
-Buyer feeling they wouldn't be able to sell their current home

Chances are the listing was withdrawn because either . . .

1. They want to make repairs to defects revealed at the home inspection and then put it on the market
2. They decided to take it off the market for the holidays and will put it back on sometime in early 2020

There are other possibilities but in my experience these are the most likely explanations.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:00 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
As a former Waltham resident, I follow Waltham real estate but something has been sticking in the back of my mind about this house. I realize what it was. I went to school (50's and 60's) with a girl whose last name was Colburn and lived on that street. I am assuming the street was named after her family as they may have been the first to live there. Looks like the street was lengthened maybe in the 60's. There was a little pond off that street where we went ice skating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts