Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 01:13 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,546,433 times

Advertisements

I don’t care about either of these teams. So probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 01:21 PM

1,156 posts, read 940,137 times
Hard to care anymore...last year was boring and the commercials were dreary and the controversy around the half time show was inane. Fun seems to be gone.

Old 01-22-2020, 01:24 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,546,433 times
I don’t even remember the half time controversy and I did watch. Last year was obviously so much different for the patriots than this year. What a difference a year makes.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:24 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I plan on watching it and rooting for Garoppolo. I see him as a disciple of Belichick and Brady and I hope he does well.

It should be a good high scoring games with both teams having explosive offenses.

Of course the ultimate game would have had Brady facing Garoppolo. That would have been epic.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:53 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
I see on the ESPN feed that there's 100-1 odds for a prop bet that Shanahan blows a 28-3 lead.

Old 01-25-2020, 08:42 AM

42 posts, read 18,908 times
I love football and haven't missed a superbowl since I started watching in over 20 years. May the best team win

Old 01-25-2020, 12:34 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
I will watch some of it as I have a few social bets. Either team does not interest me and I think Garoppolo is the weakest QB in the playoffs.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:27 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,559,456 times
I am so freakin' happy that New England is not in it!

With that said, I'm rooting for Kansas City. First time they're in this since Super Bowl IV. I'm rooting for them mostly because I can't consciously root FOR the 49ers (XIX against the Dolphins being one of my reasons). Also, my brother is a huge Seattle Seahawks fan. The 49ers are presently his version of the Patriots, meaning the team/rival he hates the absolute most.

I'll worry about the 49ers when Miami visits Santa Clara next season. Miami and Buffalo travel to them while the Jets and Pats will host them.

It was odd not watching Super Bowl LIII. I didn't listen to it. I never checked for the score. I stayed off Facebook that evening. I didn't even know the final score until about 11:30 PM, believe it or not. It was the first Bowl I didn't watch or listen to since maybe XV in early 1981! (Oakland beating Philadelphia in New Orleans.)

Had New England made it this time, I wouldn't have watched it again. I was jokingly about to call the league the NEFL.

I hope the dynasty is over. Time for a different team to be showcased! (I hate the Pats, then Dal-ASS and then San Francisco.)

Old 01-27-2020, 02:30 PM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
I hope the dynasty is over. Time for a different team to be showcased! (I hate the Pats, then Dal-ASS and then San Francisco.)
If it's over (and if it isn't quite yet, it's certainly on the brink), I'd rather see more parity across the board than a "showcase team" or two. The Patriots run of success over the past 20 years is remarkable, but even more so that nobody was even close to them on the success front. The Steelers, Ravens, and Giants have each won 2 in the same span of time. The Steelers, Seahawks and Giants have appeared in 3, the Broncos, Panthers, Eagles, Colts, Ravens and 49ers (inc. this year) have all appeared in 2. Compared to the Patriots 9 appearances and 6 wins, it's not even close for the 2-decade Brady-Bellichik era although you could argue the Steelers and Giants were better in the nine years from 2005-14 (they each won 2 Superbowls to the Patriot's zero). Frankly, if it wasn't my team doing the winning, I'd probably lose some interest.

I wouldn't hate seeing Mahomes win a bunch of Super Bowls. He's an incredibly athlete and seems like a good guy. But the real test comes when he is off his rookie contract and they have to pay him big, it won't be easy to also keep those weapons in place. But we will see.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:08 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,808,396 times
Eh.. all things being said the Patriots had a good run. That last game I could tell they'd lose by the first half. That being said I'll probably watch a bit, more for the commercials then anything else.

A few years back that McGregor fight was a second superbowl. I'd like to see old school boxing come back but UFC is too big. Of course there's the new football league which I'm pretty skeptical given what happened to USFL back in '83.

For a long time you had football practically year long. If you overlayed the NFL (september to february) with NFL Europe (march to may?) and Arena Football (may to august). Arena was a nice concept but it's gone, NFL Europe I think is gone.

To be honest things are different. We have a whole generation that grew up with Boston teams winning left and right. It takes awhile to build a team. The sad thing is in sports often times there can be top talent bought out but it doesn't always work for the team or player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts