Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 07:23 AM

35 posts, read 19,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I like Albany a lot. Even though I only ever really spent time downtown ad in the Delaware Avenue area. Nice little city.
I like it as well! Never worried about traffic or parking or anything like bigger cities (not to mention housing cost) Hubby though not so much, thinks there’s not much to do so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 04:50 AM

636 posts, read 705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nah, nah there isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayy17 View Post
Yes, I’ve seen the “Easton is the new Brockton” post as well. But there’s always some truth behind these kinds of jokes. I haven’t heard anyone say Westwood/Sharon/Newton etc is the new Brockton so... I also got a Easton has a lot of diversity in pot lol... I’ll play it safe since there are other options

This is not the Easton story of the shooting that happened last Christmas, this is a different one in Easton.
Feb. 19,2020
"Man convicted of murder in Easton shooting"
https://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...aston-shooting

Old 02-21-2020, 05:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
So, huh, two people that live in Florida. Got it.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
This is not the Easton story of the shooting that happened last Christmas, this is a different one in Easton.
Feb. 19,2020
"Man convicted of murder in Easton shooting"
https://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...aston-shooting
Thanks for confirming I should avoid Easton (I admit shootings can happen anywhere but..)
Focusing on Westwood and Canton for now. Let me know if you have other suggestions for areas I should look into...

While I’m at it... any opinions on the new Copperworks condos?

Old 02-21-2020, 10:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Thanks for confirming I should avoid Easton (I admit shootings can happen anywhere but..)

Yeah, especially when it is two out of town people... Sheesh.

You will find places with parks everywhere that people might go to from outside of the community.

Canton had multiple shootings in a just a couple of days this past summer.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:40 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,766,606 times
Quote:
Focusing on Westwood and Canton for now. Let me know if you have other suggestions for areas I should look into...

two out of state people had a shooting incident 4 years ago. This is all so crazy

Old 02-21-2020, 11:59 AM

636 posts, read 705,921 times
Quote:

Easton vs Canton, Easton is a better choice then Canton.

Canton has a ignorant redneck mentality underbase in the community. Heard someone call it 'rednecks with money". Also, Canton had a really bad shocking teen on teen murder in the 1980s with people who knew about it did not want to go to the police.

The point with Easton is the community is absolutely,without question,no salient defense about it, being Brockonized. But there is still about 10 years left in Easton.

But at this point Easton over Canton
Sharon over Both. However,i am concerned about Sharon that banned outdoor smoking in public about 2 decades ago but recently approved dope shoppes in the community, Sharon appears to be on the down and out now.

Summary Sharon over Canton and Easton. Easton over Canton.
Overall, Massachusetts is running out of good communities to want to settle into for a long time.
Legalizing dope has just accelerated the process that was occuring already.

Old 02-21-2020, 12:05 PM

21,631 posts, read 12,766,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Easton vs Canton, Easton is a better choice then Canton.

Canton has a ignorant redneck mentality underbase in the community. Heard someone call it 'rednecks with money". Also, Canton had a really bad shocking teen on teen murder in the 1980s with people who knew about it did not want to go to the police.

The point with Easton is the community is absolutely,without question,no salient defense about it, being Brockonized. But there is still about 10 years left in Easton.

But at this point Easton over Canton
Sharon over Both. However,i am concerned about Sharon that banned outdoor smoking in public about 2 decades ago but recently approved dope shoppes in the community, Sharon appears to be on the down and out now.

Summary Sharon over Canton and Easton. Easton over Canton.
Overall, Massachusetts is running out of good communities to want to settle into for a long time.
Legalizing dope has just accelerated the process that was occuring already.
Shay..please tell me you see this lunacy..

Old 02-22-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Shay..please tell me you see this lunacy..
lol

Old 10-30-2021, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 271 times
Easton is a wonderful and pretty town, been here abt 30 yrs. raised our kids here- good schools. glad we moved here. Quiet, college town, family oriented. Good quality restaurants, we have a target and big y grocery store and (Oprah recognized) famous homemade chocolate store! Lots of historic buildings from Ames family (Ames shovels). Would def recommend raising kids here. What’s most important is family atmosphere and network is tight. People help each other - we’ stand together as neighbors and Americans. To focus on diversity is to divide. So Important to recognize we’re all human and here to help each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts