Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 10:58 AM

559 posts, read 750,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I agree with much of this, but those of us who have lived in MA for a long time understand that the money will not go towards its intended purpose and only funneled elsewhere. There has to be a new level of accountability, for the public to accept paying any more.
understood and agreed. I would gladly give more freely if i knew that 95% actually went where it was supposed to vs pork barrel projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 04:37 PM

279 posts, read 316,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
The economy would actually have to get legitimately good to see those prices again, unless of course taxes get raised that much. This is a good time to increase the gas tax actually because Oil is going to slump hard because of the virus. I wouldn't be surprised if we see $2 gas soon, even with this hike.
Prescient

Old 05-04-2020, 02:51 AM

448 posts, read 282,008 times
I saw gas at 1.79 recently, and a couple weeks ago we needed oil, and I paid $1.80/gal.... the next week, they were at 1.50, and now I Saw them at 1.30 :/

Old 05-04-2020, 06:21 AM

543 posts, read 702,300 times
This pandemic is going to be an excuse for everyone to raise prices and taxes. Gold and bitcoin! Manufactured inflation is coming.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:17 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,135,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
This pandemic is going to be an excuse for everyone to raise prices and taxes. Gold and bitcoin! Manufactured inflation is coming.
Gold train already left the station (choo-choo) and Bitcoin is a cyclical pump'n'dump.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:50 PM

795 posts, read 481,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I agree with much of this, but those of us who have lived in MA for a long time understand that the money will not go towards its intended purpose and only funneled elsewhere. There has to be a new level of accountability, for the public to accept paying any more.

I'm glad you said this!! As I was reading through this thread and everyone was saying I don't mind paying so long as it goes to what it's supposed to or the whatever attitude, I'm thinking are people really this naïve about politicians?!?! lol

I don't trust any politician and their scheming ways... There is always some hidden pension plan, inflated jobs created for relatives and friends, meanwhile what do these "fat cats" really do?

The T continually hikes it's prices, while the quality has gone down. People are willing to pay more, if the quality increases.... not decreases.

Why are roads being patched, instead of repaved? All that happens is the plow trucks pull up the patched areas the following winter during plowing.

Where are excise taxes going? Where are the taxes from these pot shops going? Seriously what are these politicians doing?

Old 06-24-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Gold train already left the station (choo-choo) and Bitcoin is a cyclical pump'n'dump.
Both gold and to a lesser extent bitcoin have risen significantly since my post. So never forget...buy high and go higher. The destruction of America is a long-term trend that eventually will kill the dollar.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:16 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,805,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
Both gold and to a lesser extent bitcoin have risen significantly since my post. So never forget...buy high and go higher. The destruction of America is a long-term trend that eventually will kill the dollar.
No not really. This might be OT but let me ask you some basic questions.

1) Can you sue on the basis of bitcoin and/or gold? Yes or no.

2) With gold can you assure that it is what it is (i.e. not fools gold) and the weight is what it is ( 1 oz etc) WITHOUT a non bias 3rd party?

3) Can you have a contract that is payable on bitcoin given the swings it has?

Bitcoin is pretty much fake. The ICO's were rigged and since no one knows who made it or runs it the value is questionable at best. If you want some collectible thing thats worth $300 that's one thing for geeks. If you actually think you can buy houses and cars with it that's not happening. If you cannot finance anything that limits the contracts and restricts it to a cash basis. If someone can pay with cash why bother with bitcoin.

As for gold you still have to have people verifying that it is what it is and how much of it. You need a neutral 3rd party and that comes down to government. Which because of local and state means it has to be federal, otherwise you can't have a contract across state lines without some serious litigation.

Can I go to most stores and use gold or bitcoin to shop? Probably not. So why bother? Gold is nice for jewelry I'm not doubting that but then you just melt it down and sell it off. You want to have some asset that's liquid for emergencies? That's cool I get that but a bank account would be more secure.

Old 07-08-2020, 05:33 AM

That all is true, however I would never sue anyone on the basis of anything, even with proof of intent. And I've only traded these products on a short to mid term basis. Any asset manager recommends some gold in one form or another. I have done well with both of these assets recently and in the past. When China sells dollars or talk of national debt appears, gold and bitcoin seem to do well. If the chaos here in the States continues, or a Democratic sweep takes control, other countries will continue to slow down the buying of dollars. There is even talk of gold backed dollars again to reign in spending.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:07 AM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I stated it’s only the beginning. If Charlie faker gets TCI passed...you’re looking at $5 to $6 a gallon down the road. IMHO...it’s going to hurt a lot businesses and working people.
Demand that a bus line with dirt cheap bus fare runs through the center of your town and get on that bus every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts