Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2021, 02:53 PM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Yeah 1st shot, didn't feel the (mild) soreness until the next day. 2nd shot, I felt it sometime that afternoon. Woke up it was a lot worse, and had moved throughout my body. 2 words. Hydrate and Tylenol.
Thanks! I’m just glad I’ll be dealing on a Thursday rather than a weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 03:14 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
So you're saying that Merck was forced to do this with the Defense Production Act? I didn't see anything that said that. Do you have any links to a source that says that?
There's been rumors of the sort. Not sure if it was actually used or the threat of it being used.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:28 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
There's been rumors of the sort. Not sure if it was actually used or the threat of it being used.
In the Washington Post, they said: "Biden is wielding the powers of the Defense Production Act, a Korean War-era law, to give Merck priority in securing equipment it will need to upgrade its facilities for vaccine production, including the purchase of machinery, bags, tubing and filtration systems."

- i.e. Biden is using the DPA to ensure priority access for Merck as a customer to materials to set up their new production lines, which is very different from saying that Merck was forced to make the vaccine for J&J.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...e-partnership/

Old 03-03-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'm sure Merck is making money while doing this as well.
Yes, I don't think Merck would fund the project without pay. But if J&J came to Merck and said "Hey, Merck guys - our blockbuster Stelara is selling so well, that we'd like you to devote two of your production sites to making our drug... we'll even pay you!" ... I think they'd have gotten a very different answer. There are contract manufacturing organizations, but Merck isn't one of them.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:03 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
So you're saying that Merck was forced to do this with the Defense Production Act? I didn't see anything that said that. Do you have any links to a source that says that?
https://katv.com/news/coronavirus/jj...production-act

It notes that the DPA was used to pay for and source equipment for Merck to set up one production and one fill facility. The Defense Department is overseeing the project.

One can say they weren't forced to do this but when when the DPA is invoked, it's not always a 100% willing participant.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:46 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
I had shot #1 on Saturday and felt a little bit of muscle aches that night and the following day. Nothing serious - on a scale of sitting on the couch or your groin the day after your first time on a spin bike, it was a slightly harder than average arms workout. No pain or swelling at the injection site, which I can't say about the last 2 flu shots I've received!

Old 03-03-2021, 07:58 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I had shot #1 on Saturday and felt a little bit of muscle aches that night and the following day. Nothing serious - on a scale of sitting on the couch or your groin the day after your first time on a spin bike, it was a slightly harder than average arms workout. No pain or swelling at the injection site, which I can't say about the last 2 flu shots I've received!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

Old 03-04-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
The injection site is a little sore, but that’s all. I guess the 2nd dose hurts more.
I have an ankle injury, and my physical therapist told me that he had a more severe reaction (extensive vomiting), and he had to miss a day of work. Fortunately, most recipients don't go through that.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:21 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
I have an ankle injury, and my physical therapist told me that he had a more severe reaction (extensive vomiting), and he had to miss a day of work. Fortunately, most recipients don't go through that.
I've heard of some similar cases, but they do tend to be the minority (at least anecdotally in my circles). I'm at right about 24 hours after receiving the 2nd shot. My arm actually isn't as sore as it was after the 1st shot and I feel similarly drowsy today. I've had some mild on/off chills this morning, but nothing too major.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:55 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
Looks like enough time has passed from when MA started actually vaccinating people that the second shot people are taking up most of the doses this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts