Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 04:45 PM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times

Advertisements

My dad had his second shot on Saturday. He is 75 and seems fine. Fingers crossed. I do know others who got sick after shot # 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 04:56 PM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
I'm not really concerned about the after effects of the vaccine. I'm concerned about getting covid at the vaccination place.

Old 03-15-2021, 04:57 PM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Ohhh. My dad went to Gillette and it wasn't crowded. Masks...

Old 03-15-2021, 05:05 PM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Ohhh. My dad went to Gillette and it wasn't crowded. Masks...
Was it all outdoors? I know if you get it at a place like CVS, they have you go into a little unventilated room after.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:07 PM

12,368 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm not really concerned about the after effects of the vaccine. I'm concerned about getting covid at the vaccination place.
At least the way that I look at it, I go into the supermarket weekly without great trepidation, and I don't see why it should suddenly be more dangerous to get vaccinated. Either way it's a public setting, with other people, and the vast majority of them shouldn't be active disease carriers (even if there might be a few contagious individuals sprinkled in). If everyone is wearing masks and social distancing, then the risk should be very low, in my opinion.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:09 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
This. They don't want us to gather indoors (well - at least until recently), but they are literally asking the vulnerable to get into lines and sit around indoors with tons of other people. You might not even notice for a while that you have covid if you catch it at a clinic, as you might think it's shot side effects, and then you are late for antibody treatment. At least some other states are offering drive-through clinics (MA has some on Cape Cod I believe).
I will probably risk it - but a covid vaccination clinic shouldn't have to be the riskiest thing I've done all year.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:10 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
I got my vaccine at the megasite in Springfield and it was definitely the most people I'd been around inside for the longest amount of time. I'm normally only at the grocery store shortly before close (so relatively few people) and I'm shopping to a list. At most I'm indoors, constantly moving, for 15 minutes.

In Springfield, I was in line through the mall for 20 minutes and then when I got to the site, they had us seated for another 20-30 minutes. Our seats were 6 feet apart and everyone was masked, but it was still the longest I'd been that close to individual people indoors for that long. The chairs seemed closer together for observation, so I found a chair at the end and dragged it as far away as I could. Some of the older folks around me weren't so good about staying 6 feet apart in line though that was largely because there weren't chairs so people were sitting or leaning on anything they could get their hands on. Not the best setup for the 75+ crowd.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:24 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
I'm not eager to get it. Not eligible either.

I feel I have to get it when I am eligible, but I am definitely uneasy about it. I'm really not ok with waiting around indoors for a half hour or so after getting it so they can monitor me.
I really, truly hope this is not your reason to forego the vaccine. I got my first dose at a Walgreens, and yes you sit there and wait (15 min, by the way...not 30). But everyone is masked (the pharmacist who administered the shot had a faceshield on, in addition) and you're at least 6' away from others. Especially with our low positivity rates now, this is a negligible risk that's well worth taking, considering the upside.

If you're that risk averse, there are drive-thru settings that you can search for...where you wait in your car afterward.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:18 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I really, truly hope this is not your reason to forego the vaccine. I got my first dose at a Walgreens, and yes you sit there and wait (15 min, by the way...not 30). But everyone is masked (the pharmacist who administered the shot had a faceshield on, in addition) and you're at least 6' away from others. Especially with our low positivity rates now, this is a negligible risk that's well worth taking, considering the upside.

If you're that risk averse, there are drive-thru settings that you can search for...where you wait in your car afterward.
We do not have drive-throughs in RI...I will risk it - but I shouldn't have to.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:24 AM

875 posts, read 662,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
We do not have drive-throughs in RI...I will risk it - but I shouldn't have to.
How do you propose that 330m people should be vaccinated? Everyone has their risk tolerance of course, but I think you are overreacting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts