Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2020, 10:06 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times

Advertisements

I see both sides but people are fleeing the hot spot areas because they are afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 10:10 AM

People do all sorts of things when they are afraid regardless of who it might affect. That’s what’s happening here.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:12 AM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I see both sides but people are fleeing the hot spot areas because they are afraid.
Just because the New Yorkers are (wrongfully) fleeing to the Cape does not mean everyone else should do the same but if it were up to me all New Yorkers would be extradited back to their primary residences whether they fled to Florida, Maine, Vermont or the Cape.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:14 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I had a rather nasty dry cough and flu-like symptoms last week to the point where I was huffing my albuterol daily when normally I reserve it for hard winter cardio sessions. Feeling better now. Was is Covid-19? Couldn't tell you as both my primary care and my wife, who works Umass Med, stated that I didn't qualify for testing. I'm sure there are thousands like me who were possibly infected, potentially infecting others, and unconfirmed. Point is, the data is incomplete.
I got something last week too, fatigue, aches and pains, respiratory (felt like a weight was on my chest), yet no cough or fever (that I was aware of). Called the doctor's office out of concern for the respiratory stuff, they told me there was no point in coming in and to treat it as I had Covid-19/self-isolate for 14 days from the initial onset.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:19 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I got something last week too, fatigue, aches and pains, respiratory (felt like a weight was on my chest), yet no cough or fever (that I was aware of). Called the doctor's office out of concern for the respiratory stuff, they told me there was no point in coming in and to treat it as I had Covid-19/self-isolate for 14 days from the initial onset.
Every thought for a safe recovery.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:20 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Supposedly an home administered antibody test will be coming soon. You can find out if you had it or not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabelt.../#2b15fdb747c1

I know there's still ongoing debate on immunity once you've had covid, but I know if I had the anti-bodies, I would be more apt to take more risks and get out and about more.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:25 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Every thought for a safe recovery.
Thanks, and doing much better now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Supposedly an home administered antibody test will be coming soon. You can find out if you had it or not.

I know there's debate on immunity once you've had it, but I know if I had the Covid anti-bodies, I would be more apt to take more risks and get out and about more.
I don't think I had the Corona, but yeah that would be great for all of us to know (symptomatic or not). I feel that is going to be the key to re-opening the country.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:30 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
im Just already tired of the shaming. Lots of shaming going on. People who are staying in their house 24/7 seem to think they’re superior to those who are not. People complaining someone came to close to them when they were picking up their take out or out on their walk.

Anyone who can stay home in their own is privileged. Lots of people won’t have the privilege of staying inside all day with just their family. The wealthy jet setting people of the world were the ones who spread this really. Now they want everyone else to stay home. Too bad. It’s spread.
I don't know where you get this "shaming." I haven't heard of anyone thinking they're superior just because they stay in either. We're all in this together and the sooner we all buckle down and do the right thing, the sooner it will be over.

It's going to get really, really horrible in a few weeks and if people are out running around and contaminating other people, it'll be a whole lot worse. Forget about the "wealthy jet setting people of the world"--whoever they are, and just hunker down. You are not better than the rest of us and we are staying in. No one is enjoying this, believe me.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:35 AM

As I was saying

https://youtu.be/5f5f26P9LpI

Old 03-31-2020, 10:37 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
It's going to get really, really horrible in a few weeks and if people are out running around and contaminating other people, it'll be a whole lot worse. Forget about the "wealthy jet setting people of the world"--whoever they are, and just hunker down. You are not better than the rest of us and we are staying in. No one is enjoying this, believe me.
Exactly.
Just heard from an RN friend who I went to school with in Boston, now in management for a nursing home in Miami. Currently working from home, 65 with on BP meds and borderline diabetes and thinks he might get called in to work the floor and hoping he lives through it. *Anything* that will decrease the need for medical care is critical and the best thing a citizen who gives a rap should do. Even if you don't give a rap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts