Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2021, 03:51 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,666,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

Again, it’s your civic duty to get vaccinated.

Says the guy who bashes and demeans public servants at any chance he gets, and who brags about traveling at reckless speeds in between his various homes. If anybody really believes you got vaccinated because it's your 'civic duty' then a head examination for them may be in order. Stop trying to hallucinate hero status for yourself. You ain't one, and that doesn't fly. You got vaccinated because you chose to for your own medical reasons, period. That civic duty drivel may make you feel warm and fuzzy but it's only a figment of your imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
The problem with taking a ‘reserved’ approach in this instance is one cannot do so in vacuum devoid of alternative consequences. At this point there are multiple studies which have addressed ADE concerns and the overwhelming scientific consensus is that the ADE risk is near zero, albeit short of zero. Primary concern is loss of vaccine efficacy over time due to antigenic drift, which we’ve already seen with the Delta variant.

At this point it’s advisable for individuals without immunity (natural or artificial, with the former I agree with the GBD thought leaders) to seek immunization, both to lower disease risks and possibilities of infection / antigenic drift. There is currently no better alternative path, assuming lockdowns are a non-starter for a variety of reasons including child development, mental health, economic, etc.

Pointing out challenges with existing approaches is fine, but we must also review the alternatives … which in this case is what? The GBD approach? I think current hospitalization numbers in low vax communities and the challenges of truly identifying and protecting ‘high risk’ populations are severely over simplified from both a systems and ethics standpoint.

In short, vaccinations are still the best path towards a manageable endemic and a socially and financially inclusive society for ‘high risk’ individuals. IMO.
Like many other opinions on these matters, you're certainly entitled to yours. As for alternatives, that discussion could (and should) last weeks, and involve quite a number of thinkers with a full range of opinions.

Old 09-08-2021, 04:41 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Says the guy who bashes and demeans public servants at any chance he gets, and who brags about traveling at reckless speeds in between his various homes. If anybody really believes you got vaccinated because it's your 'civic duty' then a head examination for them may be in order. Stop trying to hallucinate hero status for yourself. You ain't one, and that doesn't fly. You got vaccinated because you chose to for your own medical reasons, period. That civic duty drivel may make you feel warm and fuzzy but it's only a figment of your imagination.
It's just a shaming tactic (and I say that as a vaccinated individual).

Old 09-08-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
It's just a shaming tactic (and I say that as a vaccinated individual).
Yup, I get it. It's also a perverted way of trying to falsely prop yourself up. Smh

Old 09-08-2021, 05:58 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Are you an under 50 yo woman?

And not "that one too", the only one, and its rare.

So get Janssen. Problem solved.
one doctor online that made the most sense told me to stay away from that one too. there is a new one coming out called novavax or something I will look into that one. i have heard of a study on blood type and I have o positive blood type we are less likely to get covid and if we do it's not as bad. i have never got anything respiratory not that I can not. my common problem is vicious diahrea. if I did get covid i would not have breathing problems but I would be living on the toilet.

if I had my choice I would get the Russian one sputnik but since I don't live in Russia that is not a possibility.

i am a 42 year old male.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 09-08-2021 at 06:07 PM..

Old 09-08-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
id give you more rep if I could. great post.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
It's so ironic that you consider weakened viruses "safe", when they actually do have the potential to make you sick with a mild form of the disease. I can only imagine the degree of antivaxxer and conspiratorial sentiment, had the government been pushing a weakened version of the coronavirus instead.

It's crystal clear that you don't understand biochemistry. The mRNA vaccines are a true miracle of science. I don't profess to understand the mechanistic details either, but I am in a STEM field and know when to defer to subject matter experts. But all you're doing is projecting that ignorance, supported by very dubious "data", into a blanket position which endangers other people.
people are free to think for themselves. everyone has a right to disagree with me and people are intelligent enough to make their own decisions. an opinion never endangers safety and is a welcomed approach because science is never settled the only 100 percent objective subject is math. i would gladly take a weakened version of coronavirus versus these vaccines.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 09-08-2021 at 06:24 PM..

Old 09-08-2021, 06:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
one doctor online that made the most sense told me to stay away from that one too. there is a new one coming out called novavax or something I will look into that one. i have heard of a study on blood type and I have o positive blood type we are less likely to get covid and if we do it's not as bad. i have never got anything respiratory not that I can not. my common problem is vicious diahrea. if I did get covid i would not have breathing problems but I would be living on the toilet.

if I had my choice I would get the Russian one sputnik but since I don't live in Russia that is not a possibility.

i am a 42 year old male.
So why are you worrying about blood clots that effected only young to middle age women (extremely rarely)?

Did it ever occur to you not to get medical advice from online random videos by doctors and call your PCP?

If you want to find someone somewhere who will disagree with something, anything, you can find it if you dig enough. It's no way to make decisions in life. Especially medical ones.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:37 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,813,022 times
Hey now be nice. I'm not saying I agree with GeoffD but I can respect an opinion.

Another aspect of safety is just basic water standards. Fluoride does save teeth. I was more than a bit surprised when I found out that not all places have it. Supposedly in Kentucky 10% of the population has no teeth. Well water, high hard alcohol consumption, chewing tobacco, smoking and high sugar sodas add up. Without naming names I've read of a number of fake dentists that rip off medicaid in urban areas.

The way I see it the vaccine is safe, free and easily found. Now if it cost $1,000 and you could only get it in five states maybe I'd say something else. Health departments have practically worked for 18 months without a break.I just don't get what people are waiting for exactly.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So why are you worrying about blood clots that effected only young to middle age women (extremely rarely)?

Did it ever occur to you not to get medical advice from online random videos by doctors and call your PCP?

If you want to find someone somewhere who will disagree with something, anything, you can find it if you dig enough. It's no way to make decisions in life. Especially medical ones.

no I don't just blindly follow anyone in a video but I am concerned and rather be safe than sorry. i have real doctors and if I ask 3 doctors something I might get 3 different answers. i think doctors are not corrupted but insurance companies and big pharma is. they tell the doctors what to do they have bosses too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts