Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2021, 07:08 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I love this perspective, by the way. I'm already seeing a bit of the relativism creeping in re: Covid, as in, "well, at least it's not as bad as the Spanish Flu was" (on a % population basis).
Well, as I said upthread, these days we're used to every disease being understood, and we expect defenses (a cure or better yet, prevention) against it. It's very unsettling to have something new come along that kills people with no cure in sight.

As for the kids, they seem to be at less risk than adults, but I don't understand why the vaccine isn't generally being given to them. (So go and look it up.) So I looked it up, and "it's complicated".
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/healt...ess/index.html

Apparently "It has everything to do with maturity of the immune system". And they didn't say it, but expensive lawsuits won't happen if children become ill because they aren't vaccinated. On the other hand, if children are vaccinated and then a few of them suffer some kind of damage, you can bet the lawyers will be hammering on the clinic doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 07:59 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
did you watch any Spanish flu documentaries? that is pretty scary stuff they were going door to door picking up dead bodies. I think I would even be scared.

Well the US wasn't what it is today back in 1919. There were plenty of folks living in rural areas without access to proper medical care. Medical tech wasn't what it is today.

I would imagine many rural areas of the world are experiencing this today. We were able to see a bit of this by way of what happened to India early this year, especially in the rural areas. We don't know how Covid is playing out in parts of Africa, or places like North Korea or other areas that do not have medical services like most western nations.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:51 AM

3,393 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post
Average life expectancy in the US around the time of the Spanish Flu was like 53. The 30-year-olds were middle-aged, and 80-year-olds were thin on the ground. This is another version of the "COVID isn't that bad 'cuz it just weeds out the old and infirm" talking point. What's your cut-off age for caring?

?????????????????????
the amount of children that might have got covid is insignificant. i don't believe any child has died of covid but died of something else. forcing the shot on them that hurts them is much worse. these kids could get cancer in 5 years down the line. there is already proof of heart inflammation even if its a small amount is unacceptable since they have little to no risk of covid.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:35 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times
Quote:
the amount of children that might have got covid is insignificant. i don't believe any child has died of covid but died of something else. forcing the shot on them that hurts them is much worse. these kids could get cancer in 5 years down the line. there is already proof of heart inflammation even if its a small amount is unacceptable since they have little to no risk of covid.
Yup, just severe allergies. No such thing as Covid in your world.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:46 AM

3,393 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yup, just severe allergies. No such thing as Covid in your world.
Oh covid exists it's just not a threat to kids.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:50 AM

12,848 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Two videos are making the rounds today. They're news clips from the 1980s about the implementation of seatbelt requirements. It's pretty funny how comparable the reactions in the 80s are to today's reactions to the vaccine and mask mandates. Literally some of the same exact things are being said: "Well, we don't have freedoms anymore," "they're uncomfortable," "I refuse to wear one," "I'll boycott the town if it requires one," etc.

Here they are:

Clip One (on Twitter)
Clip Two (On YouTube)

Old 09-21-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Oh covid exists it's just not a threat to kids.
Go visit a pediatric hospital in the South and check it out for yourself. Since you don't believe the media.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:22 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,778,954 times
https://twitter.com/yourgeniushands/...11078200147969

OK this made me laugh. Funeral Home promoting not getting the vaccine.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:29 AM

962 posts, read 469,360 times
So on the one hand, COVID isn't that bad and all the deaths are due to underlying conditions. Yet on the other hand, "My cousin's friend got the vaccine and 5 months later got hit by a meteorite."

The old cause-and-effect gauge might need calibration.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post
So on the one hand, COVID isn't that bad and all the deaths are due to underlying conditions. Yet on the other hand, "My cousin's friend got the vaccine and 5 months later got hit by a meteorite."

The old cause-and-effect gauge might need calibration.
Exactly. In the rational world. But in the irrational world, Covid is an artificial fabrication to begin with, and the vaccine is an attempt to gain final control over those "they" couldn't manipulate via the virus itself. In that world, both of your anecdotes make perfect sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts