Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2021, 09:41 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times

Advertisements

I don't think I'm invincible. Ive done what I can do. Continuing to be angry about what others don't do seems like a waste of time. Figured I'd bring up all the other irresponsible things that people do to make the world a worse place for all though while we're at it.

Happy Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 09:42 AM

4,659 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You're neglecting the 49% of patients reporting long haul symptoms 12 months later. Tough to exercise regularly when you have scarred lung tissue. Tough to be functional at your job when you have brain fog. The most common reported symptom is fatigue and muscle weakness. Personally, I think you have the risk assessment wrong.
Utter BS claim. I know NO ONE who has "long haul symptoms" 12 months after getting this virus, and if the probability of getting "long haul Covid" (such a dumb, Newspeak term -- it's post-viral syndrome, like every other virus has) actually were 49%, then it would be nearly impossible for me not to know of someone to whom this happened.

So we can believe that, in essence, I flipped a coin two dozen or so times and it landed heads every time, or we can cut the BS and clarify that nowhere near 49% of people who get this virus are still being affected by it 12 months after infection. Ball's in your court.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:47 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don't think I'm invincible. Ive done what I can do. Continuing to be angry about what others don't do seems like a waste of time. Figured I'd bring up all the other irresponsible things that people do to make the world a worse place for all though while we're at it.

Happy Sunday.

I try not to be angry, especially about things like that which I cannot control. But for somebody who has suffered a bad case of Covid, or may have lost somebody close to them, or works in a health care setting and getting physically and mentally overrun by infected patients that could have been avoided...I think it might be a little hard not to take this disregard for others personally. Bringing up all those other unrelated examples, comes across as deflection.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:17 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
Quote:
Pfizer is approved for a 3rd jab for anyone who got their first two vaccinations with Pfizer. We did it at the nearest Walgreens that had Pfizer. You have to be 18+, beyond 6 months from your second jab, and you have to check a box that says you qualify. Basically, unless you’re boy in a bubble with no contact with the outside world, you qualify. It’s the Pharmacy profit machine so they’ll vaccinate anyone. They have our insurance but I don’t believe it’s required. Nobody charges for a COVID-19 vaccination that I’ve ever encountered.

Really? I didn't realize that it would be that easy for people under 65. Good to know! Did you have to make an appointment, or did you just walk in?

Old 10-03-2021, 11:44 AM

943 posts, read 410,072 times
A BBC report about a 15 year old without underlying conditions who died from *covid* myocarditis. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-58772671
Deciding whether or not to have a simple, free shot that hundreds of millions have had before you to protect others (even if you think you yourself don't need to be protected) is, or should be, a no brainer for anyone who cares about their fellow human beings. To compare that to poor people having kids, or illegal immigrants crossing the border to give their families a better life (while working jobs that most locals would not touch!) is ... messed up. A better comparison is to pro-lifers (in an abortion context) who are pro-death when it comes to vaccine refusal. THAT I still can't wrap my brain around.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:52 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I have a hard time understanding it too but I'm not going to waste time thinking about it. My 76 year old diabetic asthmatic mother in law won't get it either. I just said she can't stay with us then

Old 10-03-2021, 11:55 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
You're neglecting the 49% of patients reporting long haul symptoms 12 months later. Tough to exercise regularly when you have scarred lung tissue. Tough to be functional at your job when you have brain fog. The most common reported symptom is fatigue and muscle weakness. Personally, I think you have the risk assessment wrong.
Ya I'm a little afraid of long covid but I'm much more afraid of the vaccine. Antibody dependant enhancement is one concern. Am I parinoid? Yes but with all that's going on around the world with authoritarianism I have a reason to be . The old vaccines did not have as many doctors speaking against them. No matter what you believe there is definitely alot of controversy with this vaccine among people .

The more they push the vaccine the more suspicious I get. I might get a mild case of covid but if I take the vaccine I'll be pariniod that it's going to kill me down the road.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:04 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,073,200 times
None of those things you brought up have quite literally shut down the entire world. Now, no one cares about a bunch of anti-vaxxer trumpies or farrakhanoids winning a well-deserved Darwin Award, but problem is they are walking virus factories and we’re only one lucky mutation away from having all our efforts flushed down the drain. We already got the delta variant that makes it past the vaccines, let the virus keep spreading and mutating and it won’t be long before we have something that gets past the vaccines and sends you to the ER with bloody chunks of your lungs all over your shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

Happy Sunday.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:06 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
I don't like engaging anti-vaxxers, but I do wish you would give me an example of a vaccine that was shown to have long-term effects that showed up 9 or 10 months (!!) after millions (!!) of individuals received the vaccine. Has there ever been any such vaccine? I think in terms of side effects of the existing vaccines for adults, we know all there is to know. The much bigger question is what the hidden long term effects of covid will be, beyond all the dreadful issues that we do know about already. Plenty of viral diseases that turn out to cause issues years after infection (measles being a classic example).
I am not anti vax. I'm anti covid vax. The other older vaccines worked in a different way. There are concerns by doctors and scientists about antibody dependant enhancement.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:28 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,073,200 times
Look, no one cares if you want to join the 700,000. Problem is, by doing that you’re also increasing everyone else’s chances of joining those 700,000 by letting the virus spread and mutate. This is similar to suicide - you’re more than welcome to blow your brains out or chomp down a bucket of pills in the privacy of your own home but we don’t want you taking a nosedive off an overpass onto a busy highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I am not anti vax. I'm anti covid vax. The other older vaccines worked in a different way. There are concerns by doctors and scientists about antibody dependant enhancement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts