U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2020, 05:29 PM

4,428 posts, read 5,664,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
I don't have any masks. Would wrapping a winter scarf around my head (eyes showing) suffice? The thought of going grocery store shopping and having someone cough, sneeze or breathe around me is making me leery of shopping but I'm going to have to go soon, like this weekend.
Basically anything is better than nothing.

Here's a good place to start:

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...ce-mask-virus/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 05:31 PM

8,933 posts, read 8,154,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
We have been told how contagious this virus is. Given that, these reports seem like somewhat good news in terms of somewhat limiting the impact on the medical system and populace we see in the worst case models (which the media does seem to prefer to amplify). I'd like to hear more about progress on antibody testing and less about models.

That's been my approach for our family.
We still need to wait a bit. Most people show symptoms within a week, but some later.
Also, some patients seemed to be on the path of "recovery", but suddenly died.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:31 PM

11,337 posts, read 4,355,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Damn. No mixed drinks? I was looking forward to some Mai Tais to go from Kowloons
In RI, it is beer and wine only. 144 oz limit for beer. Not sure about wine.

I don't have any experience with this, but I understand it's typically 3X liquor store prices.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:57 PM

16,534 posts, read 9,188,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Irony? A nursing home was scheduled to be converted to a coronavirus care center, but it turned out 51 out of 98 residents are already positive.

-------------------------------------
WILMINGTON (CBS) — A Wilmington nursing home that was slated to become a coronavirus care center will delay plans to do so after 51 of the 98 residents set to leave the facility tested positive for the coronavirus while showing no symptoms.

Pointe Group Care, LLC, operator of AdviniaCare at Wilmington, said the the facility, which was going to be a 142-bed coronavirus recovery center, is separating those who have tested positive for the virus from those who have not, and that staff will now be tested.
I wonder where they are moving these nursing home residents when they clear them out for CV patients.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:21 PM

1,358 posts, read 677,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Damn. No mixed drinks? I was looking forward to some Mai Tais to go from Kowloons
I just saw a FB post that Kowloon will be selling growler-ish bottles of Mai Tais. You are in luck!

[Edit: It turns out it's only a mix. Add your own alcohol. But the mix is the toughest part, so...]

Last edited by bohemka; 04-03-2020 at 06:29 PM..

Old 04-03-2020, 06:54 PM

302 posts, read 241,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I kind of agree with this. I do agree that all lives matter and flattening the curve is very important but people do need to be somewhat responsible for themselves. But I get that there are plenty of idiots out there and the hospitals just don’t have room everyone. Not saying the people who have contracted coronavirus are to blame either but some have been more responsible than others. I just don’t think it’s fair to ruin the livelihoods of hardworking people to possibly save live or not save lives. Lives have already been lost. Other lives are currently being financially ruined. It’s a really hard situation. I just don’t know that shutting down businesses is the answer.
Well, what would the answer be, then?

I hear many people say (like Trump was saying) that the economy was more important than saving lives. But they are the same thing. The economy does not exist without living healthy people. Pile up bodies in the streets and see just how that precious economy runs.

Economies can be devastated and they can then recover if the technology, manpower, resources, infrastructure, willpower is there. None of that is being destroyed here.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:56 PM

302 posts, read 241,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Absolutely. Everywhere, everyone.
Not only do you need to figure that everyone you meet is contagious, you also need -- very important! -- to figure that YOU are contagious and potentially could kill any person you touch or breath on.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:14 PM

1,532 posts, read 839,504 times
Massachusetts Bars and Restaurants Can Now Sell Beer and Wine With Takeout and Delivery Orders
https://boston.eater.com/2020/3/24/2...keout-delivery

These Boston-Area Restaurants Are Delivering (Booze-Free) Cocktail Kits
https://boston.eater.com/2020/3/24/2...takeout-boston

Old 04-03-2020, 07:17 PM

16,405 posts, read 29,254,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombrueil View Post
Not only do you need to figure that everyone you meet is contagious, you also need -- very important! -- to figure that YOU are contagious and potentially could kill any person you touch or breath on.
Absolutely right. I had that revelation despite my great social distancing and information and all, I finally realized that I could be an asymptomatic carrier. I had assumed because of my age (67) that I'd certainly have symptoms, maybe severe if infected, but now I wonder, of course. So my cloth face mask makes me feel more appropriate in public, even outside. I do keep social distance in my spare little town where everyone seems to be trying their best to stay home, keep distance and keep on, keeping on.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:34 PM

11,337 posts, read 4,355,431 times
How is everyone doing with grocery deliveries? I've been trying for days and can't get one set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts